Tuesday, January 2, 2018

1/2/18 What To Change? (Poem)

    What To Change?

Nothing.  I have a perfect life
I have a perfect wife.
My boys worship me like a god
together we make the perfect squad.
Wife says I am an Adonis in bed
I might have been born only to be bred.
At my job they say I'm a beast
I look at the work and it becomes ceased.
All that I do It's like I am gifted
when I am around everyone's spirits, lifted.
It is said that my stamina is staggering
give me an hour of sleep and all day long I be mastering.

Or maybe I'm really full o shit
when I look in the mirror I want to spit.
My boys think I'm alright
as long as they don't have to hang with me in daylight.
An Adonis? Why am I joking
without my weekly shots I barely be poking.
Maybe I've been doing my job for 20 plus years
after last years pay cut, I know my managers don't give me many cheers.
When Wife gets home she spends an hour cleaning
that tells me my skills at doing housework are still in the stages of weaning
Most of you know I need sleep all the time
something I will work on now that my leg is in its prime.

In reality, Wife and I co-exist quite well
when I am in a funk, she always gets me out of my shell
my boys are my greatest contribution to this life of mine
each year makes them better, think of them as fine wine.
I won't lie, I need my shots to make my junk work better
who cares?  I know my limits, now let me put it where it gets wetter.
Give me another twenty years on the job and I'll be happy
I do honest work and I am fast and snappy.
housework is just that and I will always do my part
but it's just moving a broom around, it is not actually art.
I'll try to lose some weight, that has to be the reason for my tiredness
if that doesn't do then call me a fat-ass, show me your rudeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment