Tuesday, January 16, 2018

1/16/18 Creating A Monster?

    Perhaps my cute chubby little Javalina is going to run amok.  Santa bought him a punching bag and assorted boxing paraphernalia and he is into it.  He is waiting on me to put the gloves on and dance with him throwing punches to the punching mitts and coaching him when punching the heavy bag.  I keep reminding him to wear the gloves they are for his protection, I don't want him running his knuckles on the bag which is quite hard when punched bare knuckle style.
    Helping me with my little beast of burden is Dirty Dog who loves this type of crap.  Honestly, I am an artsy fartsy type of dude, Boy never required me throwing down with him or going head to head.  He was always a thinker, a solver of problems.  Javalina believes in using the hammer to solve his problems.  DD is perfect in that he doesn't mind coaching more than I know and putting on gloves and taking punches boxing style, I personally don't like getting hit.  He has a huge advantage in that he is about 6ft 2in and has much longer arms, but that doesn't stop my lil Hammy from talking so much Sh*t, man.  I did get him headgear to wear and that is the first thing he wants to put on so there will be contact, I mean he is demanding "Hit me!"  and "I am not going down like a little b*tch!"
    I find it quite interesting because it just goes to show that personality is not taught.  I am perfectly suited for Boy's temperament, he keeps to himself, I check in with him at his door when I am at work, only requires a hug here and there, much like a cactus.  Javalina loves constant interaction, we went to Central Market and he was playing around with his boxing shenanigans and he swung at me and connected with my chin.  It was an immediate "oh Dad, I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"  I just muttered "the hell Knucklehead?" as I stepped back to prevent from falling he said "I gave him a look like I was going to punch him."  We had been goofing around, so I let it slide as I told him "yeah, I always want to kick your ass, you're a shitty teen now."  All this of course with lots of love as Wife pushes the basket trying to keep us in line.
    I came home for lunch and I said hi to DD which got him out of his room and since Javalina has a snow day he came down to see what he could eat while I was eating and upon seeing DD started talking shit and DD went and got his gloves (I'm not sure if he went and bought gloves or if he had them) but within minutes they were at it, using the living room as the boxing ring.  I just keep reminding DD not to break Javalina, Mama might get pissed, and he says I know, but even I understand if he gives him a got sock as my animal keeps the mouth going at a faster rate than his gloves.  I think he is becoming my brother in that he doesn't shut up, just has a constant dialogue going.
    Holding the punching mitts for him for a few minutes shows me he has some oomph to him.  He hits hard and he likes it.  He is certainly a different guy than he was before getting involved in football.  I believe that initiated all this love of contact.  I might need to look to sign him up at a gym now, if he keeps it up, some cardio work and he could really become a specimen, specially if he keeps stretching.  He already is wearing a size 13 shoe, and just turned 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment