Sunday, January 14, 2018

1/14/18 First World Problems?

    I had a hard time finding something to get at Best Buy today with the money my mom and brother gave me for this Christmas.  Today was a slow and lazy day.  We got up around noon, ate breakfast, Wife made some delicious egg, potato, and sausage in one skillet and beans and chorizo in another pan.  They both met in tacos that were almost too fat to carry up to my mouth.  While all that cooked, we had discussed cleaning up the house from all our Christmas stuff for once.  We had gone and bought some extra bins last night for this purpose, so it went fairly fast.
    We've been moving a bunch of stuff back and forth and we finally put everything back in the closets, leaving the house looking a lot more organized.  While we were at it, I also managed to fix the vacuum, which Wife was ready to buy a new one.  We had cleaned the filters and washed out the trash compartment and couldn't figure out why the suction wasn't there.  I finally took the hose off and stuck the broom stick through which allowed me to discover that there was a dense clump of hair, plastic, and even some zip ties.  I love that Boy leaves me little problems like this to fix.  Once I took care of that, Javalina vacuumed where the Christmas tree was and the house looked fresher instantly.
    After eating and moving all these boxes and bins, oh yeah, Wife had me change all the lights in the bathroom.  Half the lightbulbs were bad and all the glass fixtures were super dusty, so that took another while, but I eventually washed all the fixtures and installed new bulbs and wow, the bath looked new again.  After this, I took a two hour nap, because we didn't have anything better to do.  I got up at 7:00pm, refreshed and ready to go out and do something.  Wife saw a huge sale Best Buy was having and I had two gift certificates for the store, so away we went.
    Speaking of First World Problems, I could not find anything in the store to get for myself that wasn't in the thousands of dollars.  We walked from the TV's to stereos, Javalina kept trying to get me to buy him stuff, but I said no!  This time was for me he had gotten plenty last time we came for his birthday.  I thought about cameras, but our phones do this, I thought of an MP3, but our phones carry music too.  I like the idea of Bluetooth lightbulbs and making the house more automated, but I don't trust the technology yet.  I would love to walk in the house, say A/C set to 65 in the summer, Ozzy classics in the house stereo, but there are too many people living at home and then the light bill would kill me.
    I settled on wireless earphones from Bose, they seem to be really good.  They have noise reducing capabilities and a 6 hour battery, not great for my 12 hour shift, but I like the idea since Boy took my first set of wireless headphones, then Javalina took them from him.  I don't need them back, I saw his dirty ass cleaning wax off the other day, no thanks.  I had a really nice set hanging by the bedpost I only used with my laptop at night while I do what I am doing right now (it is exactly 4:52am at this moment), but one of them took them.  I have a pair at work that I leave there, not perfect, but pretty good.  I really wanted the Bose over the ears fancy silver set which was $350, but that was a little too steep even with the gift certificates.  Oh well, I think it was a sign that last night I couldn't find the cheap ones I've been using with my laptop.  So far, these are pretty good, I couldn't test them at the store, nor would I want to since they sink into your ears pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment