Thursday, January 18, 2018

1/18/18 Back To Normal?

    I always like it when the house goes back to normal and everyone is doing what they are supposed to.  Boy started school yesterday and Javalina had a late start, but he did go to school, even with the temperature hovering around 19 deg.  I love the Christmas break and everyone being together at the house.  It was awesome with Wife home for two weeks and I took the two weeks off for the first time to sit around and do nothing.
    After a while though, I am looking at Boy like "Ummm, when you going back to school?" when I get up to drop off and pick up the younger brother and this bum is sleeping in, Wife is back in La Pryor, and even DD is busy working at his job.  It seems nice that college students get about five weeks off between Fall and Spring semesters, but after awhile... He did start out very responsibly working forty plus hours at Alamo, but once the holidays are over, people just don't go to the movies in the morning.  He slid down to two or three hours a day, then not at all it seemed the last week.
    But there he was today, complaining like the rest of us that it was cold outside and he couldn't find some jacket, so he wore a different one that is not as comfortable.  He did say he moved his schedule around and his classes are now all on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  I quickly said, "good, go work at Alamo on Tuesday and Thursday, no sleeping all day."  He did not respond, so he'll act like he didn't hear me next time I ask him why are you in bed all comfy?
    As long as he doesn't ask me for money, we are ok on how much he works.  He actually bought me dinner a couple times last semester which was a pleasant surprise every time he offered.  He wouldn't do the full combo with fries, just the burger, but still.  Javalina was saying he was interested in doing track and field, specifically the shotput and discus.  Wife did both actually in high school, so that is cool.  I just hope the meets are on the weekend, it sucks having to juggle my work weeks to attend all his events, but I do like him being a team player.
    I am such a lame ass, it won't be long before I am writing that it is time for the boys to come home for the summer, I hardly see them.  I am planning on going to the boat show this weekend, and I would love a new boat, but we can't afford one right now.  Still, the dream is always there, and maybe in a year or two, we can make it happen.  I only add this because I see other families come together on their boats, not sure if it would work with my gaggle of nerds, but I can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment