Thursday, September 7, 2017

9/7/17 First Cold Front, Better Go Buy Jackets?

    I can only assume we had our first cold front yesterday because the high was only 85.  That still felt warm but man, it was a lot nicer in the shade.  The air was drier, it felt like we could breath outside.  Since we were out of milk and bread, I decided to make a run to Target.  Milk is very important during the week.  The boys do not like to heat up anything, but they like to eat, so cereal is a constant energy source.  Plus, Chubs is King Panini, he never met a sandwich he couldn't like if he heated it up a little bit.
    Girlie has shifted her schedule and arrives home earlier, this to allow for her evening classes, but since they haven't started getting busy, she went with me.  She was like a kid in a candy store, she's been saying how much she likes the fall and anything pumpkin flavored.  She was not kidding, where I saw popcorn, she saw pumpkin flavored popcorn, then down the cereal aisle, she found cereals in a fall motif, also pumpkin and something flavored, and then also some oatmeal in the same type of flavors.  It seemed a bit much for me, although I do like the fall with football games and cooler weather.  I told her she's going to wear herself out of the pumpkin flavored before October arrives, but she was lost in her little brain, saying she needed to bring her mom to get even more of the stuff I wasn't seeing.
    I am just waiting for it to cool some more to be able to open the windows and stop running the A/C 24/7.  I am a little disappointed at the shenanigans the electric company is playing but then again, how are they supposed to lose?  The solar panels by themselves would be doing a great job of supplying my power and even saving me a buck, but the bastards are including a summer fee of $90, a "help your neighbor fee" of $20 or $40.  Fuck that, nobody has ever helped me pay a bill.  But oh well, I guess we are helping the environment somehow a little bit.
    Chubs is getting ready for his first football game next week.  I believe they are playing on Tuesday around 6:00pm.  Not sure if Wife or even my folks will show up and support, but I will be there, I just sent my bosses an explanation of the next ten weeks or so.  Chubs is turning out to be a little aggressive monster.  He said he enjoys exploding on fools at the line of scrimmage, and that is a good thing.  He is practicing at left guard on offense and nose tackle on defense.  They even found a helmet for him, so now he can really lay a beat down.  Stuff is getting interesting, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment