Tuesday, September 19, 2017

9/19/17 Notes From An Interesting Night Of Football And Logistics?

    This was the second week of football for Chubs and yes, he finally wore his cleats.  He had not wanted to bother and it was really pissing me off because he is not as strong as he can be if he can be pushed with the slick court shoes.  He did admit he liked the tackiness on the field, so here's hoping he continues using them.  I was not looking forward to going to the game by myself, I hate sitting in a sea of strangers where everyone seems friendly with each other and I feel like a brown turd that doesn't belong.  Luckily, I sat by myself in the upper most bleacher and the mom of our quarterback at next to me.  We didn't talk a lot, but she seemed friendly enough, she thought I was with the other team, until I screamed "Come on Bedicheck!!" in the 4th quarter.  I was glad she said her baby was the quarterback because I was fixing to say he was screwing the pooch at the end of the game, but it was really poor play calling from the coaches.
    Speaking of, if your strength is running the ball and you have 1 total reception in two games, why in the world would you all of a sudden come out in the second half passing like you just discovered the red gun offense Warren Moon ran in the 80's.  You're not that kind of team.  The first half was dominated by the one black kid on our team that I walked up to in the gym while getting Chub's backpack and he is taller than me and a little intimidating, for a 7th grader.  He runs like a deer, just eats up yardage without effort.  He ran for a 52 yard touchdown, multiple 30+ yard runs out on sweeps to both sides.  Something happened during halftime because they came out tired, like they didn't want to be there, maybe they thought it was already a win and they quit trying.  Chubs was pissed at the tackle next to him, he let guys go through on multiple plays, and he asked him what the fuck?  The kid said his hand hurt, Chubs told him well, get off the field!  He refused and got beat again for multiple sacks.  The only thing I liked was Chub's energy at the end of the game.  He was pissed that they lost.  He was mad at the other linemen for not stepping up.  He might just be turning into a leader on the field.  I figure they need to lose once in a while, know that feeling, it takes more to come back from a loss.  Maybe they will not give up so early next time, final score 25-22.
    I thought it was a little funny prior to the game starting, all I knew was that it was at the Burger Annex, which I looked at Google and showed me the field where Boy used to run when he was little for Marathon Kids.  I drove up to where there were people and a young slick good looking kid with that Clark Kent hairstyle came up to me like he had an agenda.  I asked him if Bedichek was playing there and he said yeah, but park on the other side of the field.  I said thanks, and then he proceeded to give me the "oh, and don't drive on our practice field next time!"  I said What do you mean?  This is a parking lot, as far as I can tell.  He had no time for me, and just repeated the sentence as he walked off.  Stupid little Shit, I didn't do it on purpose.  It is the large parking lot next to the large stadium, it was not blocked off.  I figured he was Mr. Drum Major and he isn't used to being questioned, Jackass.

No comments:

Post a Comment