Sunday, September 24, 2017

9/24/17 Mighty Fine Burgers?

    We always talk about eating at new places, but it is hard to break old habits.  Today (Saturday), we woke up early because Wife had to go pick up some donated materials for her school.  I would like to think I don't have to be involved in this, but Wife thinks everything can be a family activity, so here we go.  Since we are cheap and it is early, we figure Sam's and their trusty hot dogs will work.  My mom always laughs at us like we are putting them on, but can you really beat $2.25 for a large hot dog and a 32oz drink.  We have even been adding an extra slice of pepperoni pizza which we cut in half for like $2 and our snack can still be less than $10.  But no, Chubs had to start whining about "let's eat anywhere but Sam's..."  so I drove out of the parking lot and drove down Brodie trying to pick something good but not expensive.  Wife pointed at Zoe's Kitchen, which is Greek and we went a couple weeks ago with Girlie.  It was good, but a tad expensive and not really big portions to fill you up, so nah.  Close by is a Mighty Fine Burgers and I told Wife "Hush with your negativity, last time it was Five Brothers, we have NOT eaten together at a Mighty Fine Burger place, so I made a hard left and parked behind the store.  Wife is not a fan of burgers and she will say we already ate someplace just to get out of it.
    Wife was going on under her breath that it was like eating at P.Terry's, which is fine if you like a sweaty wet burger, I don't.  It was just us three, Boy is at work, not that he would join us this early in the day, at the crack of noon.  Chubs ordered a burger with fries and a soda, Wife ordered the same but with onion rings, and I looked up at the menu as I was messing around with the souvenir shirts and taking pics for my Snapchat.  If I see something that can be taken in a dirty context, I need to use it.  But anyways, I was underwhelmed by the shitty menu of a classic burger, or a chicken sandwich, you can add bacon and a couple other things, white (mayo), red (ketchup) or yellow (mustard), as condiments (talk about the dumbification of 'Merica!).  This simple meal came out to $40 and change.  I was sure she had added an extra burger and I can still barely agree with the math, but we paid it.  Burgers at $6.39, fries @$2.49, sodas @$2.29.  The cheese was an extra $1x3.  The onion rings were $2.99, so .50 cents more.  I guess that is $37 plus taxes, but geesh.  Now if it was better than Whataburger, my gold standard, then fine.  Nope, these burgers are like P.Terry's, they make them sweat somehow, or cook them moist and the moist gets on the bread and makes the whole sandwich kind of wet.  I will say that Red Robin is a little like this but their fries save them.  These fries are not going to save anyone from anything.  They claim to be making fresh fries and I like the boxes of potatoes all over the restaurant, but fresh fries should not be 90% endings, you know, the fries that are too skinny because the potatoes are not thick enough.  The onion rings were almost good, but the burger left so much on the table plus the high cost means Whataburger don't have anything to worry about.  Shit, I can get a Double Meat Whataburger combo for $6.74 that includes fries, drink, and two patties, not one.  This means Chubs and I can eat for under $20 at Whataburger,   that is win-win, and the burgers do not sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment