Saturday, September 2, 2017

9/2/17 On Fridays, We Wash Clothes?

    Fridays are a mix podge of wanting to do stuff, but waiting for my Better Half to get here from her work location.  She has been pretty good at getting here early-ish, I mean last week she was run off by the other administrators so she could avoid the Hurricane, so she was here before 7:00pm and this week she made it here before 8:00pm.  Last year, she was trying to be a hero every night and staying late, so sometimes she wouldn't get in until after 10:00pm which would piss me off, not because she stays and acts responsibly, but because the other jackals working there slid out of site as early as 3:00pm and left her in charge to deal with so much BS, routinely.
    Anyways, because of my waiting around, I have started making this my time to wash clothes.  There is other stuff that goes with it, such as I hang and let Chub's shirts dry on hangers which means I have to iron them afterwards.  When I started doing this last year, I would leave it for Sundays which are also good since she leaves that night, but sometimes I was up too late getting through everything and putting it away.  I have a friend with two boys and he says he started teaching them how to wash their clothes at nine years old.  Wow!  Boy is 23 and I still wash and fold his skinny size 30 waist pants.  I don't see it as too bad, there is usually one load for Chubs and one for Boy, and one for my clothes and Wife gets here with her bag and that is usually the last load.  Tonight, I changed the sheets on our bed so that made another load.
    Wife just interrupted me (it is 2:30am), she has been reading stupid shit from the Facebook feed from our neighborhood, the idiots here are arguing and threatening to sue each other over a joke about a gallon of gas.  I hate uptight assholes with no sense of humor, but whatever.  Wife was sure I am making myself to be Cinderella, with the poor me, but I wasn't even going that route as you can read for yourselves.  She does not understand the grandness that is my thought process for she is a simple woman whilst I am the Lord of the Manor, but I'll stop to fold the next load.
    Anyways, I was having a problem with the clothes in that they seem to have a bit of a smell, even like stinky body odor.  It is supposed to be a good washing machine, it cost over $1200 and is only about 5 years old.  Our first machine lasted us a good 15 years and only cost $300.  Last week I decided to attack the problem.  First, I washed the washing machine, there are soaps that do this.  Then I told Wife no more of the cheapest largest containers of detergent.  I want Tide, I always wanted Tide.  The shit we were using Arm and Hammer something or other went in like water, Tide goes in like a maple syrup coming out of a tree, you just know it is loaded with cleaning agents.  We also decided to try some laundry beads you throw in with the clothes.  I have to say the clothes is already smelling better.
    I think this is pretty good, I need to stay awake a little longer to get her load of clothes out of the dryer and I also need to finish writing this, so the two will probably finish at about the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment