Sunday, September 17, 2017

9/17/17 Cruise, Now?

    I can't even wrap my head around this, but then again, we all prioritize shit differently.  Girlie and her family are going on a cruise this weekend.  It seems a weird time to go, but I guess people do what they do for different reasons.  As I heard about it, the Grandma frequently went on cruise ships with her late husband.  He wanted her to continue doing this after his passing, so I believe this is the reason they are even doing it.  As far as the timing, maybe the tickets are a lot cheaper since the summer crowds have died down, as most kids are in school.
    We tried going on a cruise many years ago, as in Dillards still had an office where they could help book cruises and other types of vacations.  Nowadays, people just do all this themselves online.  We chickened out when we heard on the news about a hurricane abusing a cruise ship, my folks figured that could happen to us and they all cancelled.  We were going to try again a couple years ago, but that is when one of the cruise ships that goes to Mexico and back lost control of its propeller or something like that and they just floated out in the ocean for a week extra or something, without power.  We figured that was a sign to let it be and not bother.  I still want to go, but we might wait until the boys are out of the house.
    If I go, I would want to do it right, choosing to stay in the fanciest of staterooms, perhaps with its own private hottub in the balcony.  I've seen this, it exists.  If you pay enough, you get your own butler and cooking staff.  I am writing this on Thursday night, as I find myself distracted on weekends because I insist on putting a blog out daily.  Right now, I have written two extra, so Friday night and Saturday night I can focus on hanging out with Wife.
    I am not a hater and I wish Girlie and her family a great time, but I am puzzled that we work our butts off and this year we didn't even go to Florida to Disney or anything fun.  I am hoping next year will be better, it almost has to be.  2017 has just been a shit year, with my slow leg heal, my pay cut, Wife living so far away, not taking the RV to the coast, my brother-in-law losing his RV on the coast to Hurricane Harvey, not going to Disney, losing my beautiful truck and so forth.  We got stuff brewing, lets see if we can start putting some wins on the board, and soon.  Wife needs a promotion with a new job bringing her back.  Boy needs to graduate and start paying for his car and maybe some rent.  I need work to cut the crap and get more work in here, so I can start doing a little OT more regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment