Thursday, September 21, 2017

9/22/17 Wife In Town Makes Thursday Feel Normal?

    Wife showed up last night, although she is down to a couple more weeks of working down in La Pryor, TEA has not come back with an offer after she asked for more money.  So, for now, we must enjoy when she can get away and come play family with us.  She spent the day yesterday in San Antonio at Region 20 and went back today, so it made more sense to come up here which is an hour away than back to Crystal which is two hours away.  Since she still even has days from last year to burn, she took Friday off.  I worked last night, so it was fine that she spent the day working.  She got back home just as I was getting in the shower.
    We picked up Chubs from football practice and decided we would grill so we went to get some meat to BBQ at Sam's.  I am astounded by Chubs and the aggression he is showing on the field.  He was telling us of some tackling exercises and how one of the kids came too low on him and hit his helmet on his side and then hurt his neck.  he got up after a few minutes, but Chubs wanted to explain how he has been tackling and he proceeds to come at me with his arms wide open saying he is doing copying an eagle and proceeded to wrap his arms around me and shove me back as I was unprepared for it.  Eagle?  More like a condor.  Even playing, that boy packs a wallop with his 235 pound ass.  He kept trying to come at me showing me different examples of him tackling, I just put my arms out like a girl keeping a predator away.  He said one kid he grabbed and he tried to whip him off, so Chubs spun and they both rolled on the ground.  Chubs has been wanting this for a long time.  I am just glad that he likes what he is doing.
    We got some sirloin steaks and sausages, keeping it simple as it is a week night.  It was nice, although Wife did what she does.  She sat in front of the computer attempting to apply for another job since TEA is dragging it's feet.  We were able to eat as a family, even Boy was here undistracted by any of his friends.  I just had some of the pumpkin pie and it just makes me wish that much more for cooler weather.  I love having Sam's right there, down the street.  We even got free knives today for listening to a knife presentation.  The pitch was alright, but I wasn't going to pay $49.99 for a set of knives.  Most of the people listening fell for the pitch though.
    The new grill is just great, it seems to be a little smaller though in that the fire seems closer to the meat.  I try not to put anything right on top, but still, if you rush it, the food will burn.  Even with the steaks a little burned here and there, they were all in excellent condition for eating.  There is nothing better than meat coming off the grill.  It is just so tasty.  Our little lineman needs to be fed.  He starts the day off hungry and ends the day off in the same fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment