Tuesday, September 12, 2017

9/13/17 Chub's First Football Game?

    It was a beautiful afternoon for our first real football game of the season.  I wish more of the family could have been here to witness the game, at least Wife got into town in time to go to the game.  Boy, unfortunately, has class on Tuesday evenings, so he was not available.  Plenty of people have expressed interest in wanting to watch a game or two, but the time is a little rough for people to just drop what they are doing and attend, I fully understand.  I still had Wife and Girlie with me in the stands, so Chubs had a crew to watch him.
    We asked him after the game what his feelings were about the game.  He said it was a little scary when they got off from the bus and saw the other team already there standing around in their red and white jerseys.  He said from far away they looked big, but once they were on the field, they looked like little kids.  I'm not sure if this was just him being smug or he believed it, but he came off the field energized and excited about pushing people around.  He said there was a large guy that kept lining up to him, so he went at him and pushed him every time.  When the game was over, I called him and he jogged over and you could see he was excited about what he did.  This was not a kid that just went through the motions, he liked getting dirty in the pile.
    They ended up winning 26-8, I'm going to say the score does not matter too much, although it is nice to be on the winning end, there were no injuries, except for one of our kids seemed to hurt his knee, but he walked it off after laying on the field for a few minutes.  Really the score was that lopsided because of 1 kid.  Chub's team have this one boy that might be 6 feet tall.  They basically just gave him the ball and he ran away from everybody and into the endzone.
    Chubs played on both sides of the ball.  When we got there, we missed the first few minutes, because traffic in Austin sucks balls, he was not playing which made us wonder what what going on, but at first he only played on offense.  He practiced the last three weeks at left guard but he was playing right guard.  Either way, he was getting his holes opened up.  In the fourth quarter, he finally played some defensive tackle and just like he said in practice, two boys were needed to hold him down, he seemed to be getting blocked by two boys on a couple of plays.
    I just loved that he enjoyed himself.  I would not force him to do something he was not having fun with.  He came off the field excited, not complaining which is unlike the Chubs we know.  Can't wait until next week.  Go Wildcats!!

2 comments:

  1. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform.วิเคราะห์บอลวันนี้

    ReplyDelete
  2. My own perspectives are coordinating with creator and I have encountered such. Your blog is extremely instructive.
    ทรรศนะ บอล วัน นี้ ทุก ลีก

    ReplyDelete