Tuesday, September 12, 2017

9/12/17 Wife is Taking Her talents Back To Austin?

    Wife went back to La Pryor with hopes and possibilities of possibly staying there if there was a raise in the cards.  Her boss did not disappoint, he gave her the old "well it was good working with you, but shall I give you a swift kick in the ass and send you out the door or are you going to sulk and hang out for another two weeks trying to be a good employee?"  By the way, he added, finish any of your "little projects" so we can get back to the business of small town teaching.  "These here students just need to know a cow has 4 hooves and chickens lay eggs in the mornings.  Nice try in attempting to get a science program going with your talk of microscopes and beakers, but everyone knows God does all the hard stuff, we just thank him daily."
    The fucking thought of living in a small ignorant place like that just almost makes me want to throw up, I am so glad it worked out the way it did.  There is a scenario in which I could have lost my job and not having better prospects, we followed Wife down there.  It makes my skin crawl.
    When it rains, it seems to pour, now that Wife is in play, she got a call from AISD last week about a job which she would have fit perfectly, but again, the pay would be about what she was making two years ago.  She had to turn it down on the spot.  Today, a lady from yet another branch of school overseeing reached out to her.  The lady wanted to sit down for a lunch meeting when she gets a chance.  She has been wanting Wife to join them, but a position with her salary has not opened.  Maybe she finally has something for her.
    As it stands, she is still attempting to negotiate a little more money if they can find it.  She said the lady hiring her was going to look into it, so maybe she does end up with a little more.  I think Wife was too big of a fish for the school she was in.  She is a shark in training, she needs to be with her kind and what she says is that TEA is running amok with Biotches, so she will have mentors aplenty.  I have always told her she needs a streak of asshole in her.  She has this silly notion of almost worshipping those above her.  I refuse to do that, I always do what is expected of me, but I fully realize the knuckleheads above me are just human and rarely know more than myself.
    Now I just have to wait probably the two weeks somebody once said you had to give as notice before quitting a job.  She should just use her vacation time and take a couple days to regroup and refocus.  Knowing her, she is going to work all the way to a Friday and start on the following Monday.  But Fuck it, I won't have to worry about what the boys or if the boys eat.  Maybe there is a god.

1 comment: