Friday, September 29, 2017

9/30/17 Passing Of A Legend- Goodbye Mr. Hefner?

    Hugh Hefner passed quietly on Sept 27, 2017.  He changed America for the better.  Some naïve people would say he objectified women, he took advantage of innocence for his gain.  Others might say he built an empire off the breasts of so many thousands of innocent eighteen to twenty year olds.  I say he was a genius and gave men finally something worth reading in the shitter.  Yes there was nudity in his publications, but the girls were always posed so beautifully they looked like artwork, much like Michelangelo's David, so flawless, you hardly notice the statue is naked.  I would have been better off exposed to Playboy as my first magazines to ease me into the world of nudity, but beggars and sneaky sneaks can't be choosers.  My dad hid Chic and Penthouse and other raunchier stuff in the house.  My mother may have thought I was such a good boy cleaning closets and decluttering rooms and storage sheds, but I was always in search of the nudie books.  I had to settle for creepy medical books with exposed organs to catch a glimpse of a boob.
    I decided when Boy was getting to that age of high school, I would just subscribe to Playboy so he could find naked "girls next door" types.  There is no good reason for naïve horny teens to be looking at naked women with caesarean scars and other obvious stab scars.  You young kids don't know how hard it was to have access to good quality nakedness.  Hugh Hefner was in the pursuit of perfection, the girls of Playboy all looked like college girls, and I was even fortunate enough to have two playmates in one of my classes.  Periodically, Playboy would do Girls of the Big Ten or Girls of The Big 12.  UT had a couple of representative girls that had been in one of my classes, but they were so perfect, they barely seemed human.
    There were plenty of other magazines to choose from Penthouse, Hustler, Chic, even specialized mags such as Voluptuous, or Barely Legal.  These magazines had no problem going nasty, such as Hustler's love of the pee shot, for a time all the girls were always peeing.  I might be a little curious but not enough to see it every time.  Playboy always stayed classy, even moving away from the silicone craze and choosing to go with a more natural female look.  A couple years ago they even announced they were stopping the centerfold altogether.  There was always the joke of I  subscribe for the articles, but Playboy really did always have interesting short stories, interviews with interesting people, adult jokes, adult comic strips.  As I sit here thinking, I don't know why I ever stopped subscribing.  I think it got too PG for my tastes.  Thank you Hef, for pushing the envelope and beating those pesky conservatives back.  You deserved all the good you created, a true man amongst men.

No comments:

Post a Comment