Saturday, October 8, 2016

10/9/16 Domain, My New Favorite Shopping Place?

    We've been to the Domain a couple of times and I think maybe we just weren't seeing it right.  Maybe we didn't go down the right streets last time, or maybe they just have added so many stores in the last year, that it feels like a new place.  We had a slow Saturday afternoon with nothing planned after Chub's had a sleepover and all his buddies left, and I watched yet another game where the Longhorns just left me feeling naked and wore out.  It is very frustrating to watch schools like Baylor that have always underperformed finding success, and even A&M going to the SEC and winning against supposedly the best competition. yet the Longhorns for all their resources and opportunities to recruit the best in the state still falling short.  Enough about that.
    I felt like getting out of the house and since lately I have been obsessing over watches and learning that Ben Bridge at the Domain has a much larger collection of watch brands, that is where we headed.  It was a beautiful day with the temperature in the low 80s and falling.  We parked in one of the parking garages and did some walking.  We turned down a couple of streets, and even walked in the Macy's to use their bathrooms.  When we finally found Ben Bridge, it did not disappoint.  They had a whole section of Cartier watches, starting from the low $3000 to a lot.  I liked the story the sales guy had of the tank watch.  He said it was given to tank commanders and from above it has a distinct square look like looking at a tank from above.  They also had Breitling watches which Boy wants one, Baume and Mercier, Panerei, IWC, Raymond Weil, and some others.  Of course, the biggest display are was for the Rolex watches which are still my favorite.  After many questions and looking at some prices, the sales guy gave me a magazine, probably to run me off.
    We walked around and found other interesting stores like Tiffany and Co., and Coach, and there was a huge Nordstrom's and Neiman Marcus.  I don't recall these stores as recently as last year when we went with my folks. 
    The most interesting store by far was the Tesla store.  It honestly only had two cars , but to my surprise, Wife was excited to be there.  She was asking questions and getting information much like I would.  Turns out the 7 seat Model X is something Wife would love to drive, one day.  It had the rear doors open up, storage in the back and front where the gas engine would go.  The best feature is its acceleration 0-60 in as little as 2.5 seconds.  The fact that it will fit seven people might be reason enough to finally trade in my Excursion.  It would be an amazing exchange, to go from my Excursion which gives us 12mpg to an SUV which runs on batteries, and with us trying to get solar cells installed on our house, we might be going to great lengths to improve our carbon footprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment