Wednesday, October 26, 2016

10/26/16 Boys Growing Up Into Little "Bitches"?

    Recently, I saw a few videos with Judge Joe Brown handling cases on Youtube.  Judge Joe Brown was on TV as one of those TV judges who handle arbitration cases.  His show ran from 1998 to 2012.  In one of the episodes he went into a tirade about how he had noticed over the last twelve years how lacking a man in the house, young men are growing up and acting more like women than men.  He then went on and points out all the jewelry the guy is wearing, how he is standing there fidgeting, and constantly rolling his eyes.  Judge Joe goes into trying to explain that men don't need all the bling and shiny jewelry, that when a man is addressing you, you should stand firm and give the elder your undivided attention, and that rolling your eyes and fidgeting about is behavior best suited to a young girl.
    I have never understood the need for a man, as a man, to carry on with jewelry, I find guys that do a little suspect.  I will occasionally wear a watch, but I consider that functional.  I tell my boys all the time, not every adult is worth respecting, they must respect themselves first, but definitely if standing before an authority such as a police officer or judge, shut up and listen.
    The series I am currently hooked on Highway Thru Hell has a kid fixing to turn 19, and he is also a little shit.  The owner of the towing company is his step-dad, and the kid just doesn't want to get it.  There are clashes between the kid and almost every adult male on the show.  For the third season, half of the crew has relocated 700 miles away near some oil fields.  Of course, the kid has decided he is going to go over there and drive one of the tow trucks.  This worries the hell out of the lead driver who has been made manager of the crew working over there.  No way he wants to babysit the brat.  The step-dad trying to help the kid out had him driving a regular city tow truck so he could learn the ropes and become used to doing the work.  He was not happy with this, he thought he was ready and worthy of driving one of the big rigs.  Every time he doesn't like the task given to him, such as dragging cables here and there, he will walk off and leave.  To me, this just screams spoiled little shit.
    I could speak of other examples I have seen in the real world, but I will keep it civil.  I only know both my boys benefit from having me around.  Whereas mama wants to sit and coddle them, and hug them and insist they are each the most special things ever put on this green earth.  I remind both of them they haven't accomplished anything other than eat my food and each is barely able to clean their own asses.  Respect will come when they are productive members of society and that means making sure that the government isn't carrying your lazy ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment