Saturday, October 29, 2016

10/30/16 A Tummy Ache For Chubs?

    Part of the past week's woes was Chubs getting a little upset stomach.  Normally, I would just chuckle at Wife having to get all Florence Nightingale and seeing her come back with half of CVS in the kitchen.  I, on the other hand, take a let's see if we can just wait and have a fart release the pressure.  I hate dealing with a sick kid, but I know Chubs rarely gets sick and he was not enjoying any of this, although...
    We figured this was mostly his fault.  We went Sunday afternoon to Costco and bought a huge pumpkin pie for like $5.99.  I thought it was a pretty good price, but I had a sliver when we got it home and just found it a little meh.  It wasn't liquidy, but it wasn't as firm as pumpkin pie should be for me.  Wife left town, I didn't like it, Judas eats like a bird, so it was Chub's pie for the killing.  He had a good sized serving after dinner Sunday and then complained he didn't feel well.  I just figured it was his way of staying up late, since it is rare for Wife to be in town Sunday nights.  Monday night was a similar song and dance.  He cut his own slice while I was at work, so it was him and bro-bro.  Boy has no mercy and would rather yell at him to go to bed, than act like a human.  You would think our little Einstein Junior candidate would maybe say "hmm, since the pie came in the door, it has been hurting me."  Nope, he had another slice on Tuesday and this one came back and bit him in the esophagus, or wherever pies bite you when they win.
    Chubs called me saying he felt like throwing up.  Boy had just gotten home, so I told him to let him know what was happening and get a glass of water and do the dance in front of the toilet.  It didn't take long for the pie and whatever else he ate to come out the wrong way.  He was still up and fidgeting that he felt sick and weak when I got home around 11:00pm.  I told him to just take it easy, if he felt bad in the morning, I would let him stay home. 
    In the morning, I went and checked on him and he said he still felt weak and his body felt nauseas but he didn't throw up anymore during the night.  I told him not to worry about it, he could stay home, and I would write him a note for school.  Wednesday night, after I suggested maybe no more pie, they went to throw it away and found that it had gone past its expiration on Monday.  Maybe it made him sick, maybe not, but ever since we threw the pie away, he has not felt sick, so I am going to call it, Bad Pumpkin Pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment