Wednesday, October 12, 2016

10/12/16 Pseudo Single Parenting Can Be Challenging?

    This stupid injury on my leg is slowing me down in ways I didn't even think it would.  It turns out Wife has a secondary insurance, kind of like Aflac which she only realized she had because it is from Bastrop, her old work place, and in order for the coverage to continue she had to make a payment which was on top of our bills.  Since I have now gone to the doctor three times, she thinks it might be worthwhile to make a claim, so here we go.  The first thing they want is an itemized list of what they have done to me.  Honestly, not much, other than prescribe antibiotics, but nevertheless, send the fatman to run around and collect paperwork from the clinics I've been to.  That is such a great idea and such a good use of my time.  I didn't go Monday because many of you (even those of you that know I work 20 years on nights) don't realize I have to sleep during the day if I am going to be up all night, it just becomes messy to pick an hour to get up.  I may be sleepy like y'all at 10pm, but if I wake up after sleeping a couple hours, I will not be sleepy and that is when I run into some of my problems.  I can easily and usually do stay up until 6am Sunday night, then I sleep in on Monday.
    Monday was an in-service day for Chubs, so we had no reason to get up in the morning.  I stayed up watching crappy TV, ironing and washing clothes and folding and putting away everything for the week, my usual routine.  I then went through our bills and paid some that were falling through the cracks.  Chubs woke me Monday around 2:00pm and we went and ate lunch, I decided to clean the tub afterwards while I was fixing to shower as it was looking pretty bad (Wife had even bought a new box of SOS pads, hint hint), by the time I finished, it was time for work.  Once I start my work week it becomes pretty standard where everything needs to be like clockwork.  I come home at 6:40am, wake up the boys, feed Chubs and myself, shower while he finishes eating, he changes, I change, I take him to school around 7:40, get back around 8:00am.  Get in bed, sleep until 3:00, wake up, get ready to go pick him up around 3:50, we eat, do whatever homework he needs help with, I come home shower, head to work (most of the time running late 6:00-6:30pm, lately), then work my 12 hour shift. Repeat for however many days I work this week.
    It is a little annoying when I talk to Wife or my Mom and they say go, take care of your leg, when all this other stuff is going on.  Today, I needed to run to Target.  Over the weekend our old freezer gave out, we noticed everything was thawed, so all the hot pockets and pizzas we keep for the boys had to be thrown away.  I needed to run and get them more food for the times I am not home.  This is more important than anything else.  I still made time to run and get the forms for Wife and even call the place I was supposed to call about my leg.  I cannot demand more than that as my mom tells me to do.  Things would be easier if I wasn't messing with my gimpy leg.  wahh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment