Saturday, October 1, 2016

10/2/16 How Many Animals Can Pappadeaux Stuff You With At One Sitting?

    My folks are here, for the weekend and as usual, we went out to eat.  I say we, but it was without the old man.  My Dad is kind of a party pooper in that he doesn't want to leave the house, opting to stay home and watch old Longhorns football games on TV.  The party must go on we always say, so we went off and after finding that Johnny Carino's appears to have closed down in Southpark Meadows Wife decided she wanted something other than Longhorn Steakhouse.  I headed north and remembered Pappadeaux which we do enjoy a lot, but it is pricey.
    To our surprise, we got there around 9:00pm and there was plenty of parking and no wait inside, for once.  We sat quickly and the bread was brought out in no time.  We ordered drinks and appetizers first, then a little later, our main course.  It sucked that everything was brought out at once is my only complaint.
    The appetizer we ordered was a trio with alligator, salmon, and a shrimp and crawfish fondeaux.  My mom ordered an appetizer of calamari.  I then ordered swordfish with a loaded baked potato (included butter, cream, and bacon), Chubs ordered a plate with chicken and shrimp, Wife ordered a seafood platter (two fried tilapia fillets, shrimp, blue crab cake, stuffed shrimp and stuffed crab).  My mom ordered a seafood platter but with catfish instead of tilapia, and my brother ordered Moroccan salmon and shrimp with crab couscous.
    If we accept the butter and cream as cow, the bacon as pig, then I ate about twelve different animals at one sitting.  Vegan, we are not.  We cannot afford to eat here more than a couple times a year, but Pappadeaux is a special and delicious place, for sure.  The last time we ate here was for Boy's birthday back in March.  That time we had both sides of the family and we were there about three or four hours.  Tonight was especially fast, compared to most times we have come, we were done in about an hour and a half.
    The only place I enjoy more than this restaurant is Estancia Churrascaria with the all you can eat Brazilian concept.  But if we add up amount of animals, Estancia still has less variety.  I can count about half as many animals, but you do get a lot more of each animal, in fact, all you can eat.
    This turned out to be a real nice day, after getting up early to watch the Longhorn football game at 11:00am.  It is turning into another heartbreaking season where they are just not getting it done, but I guess we are getting used to it.  After halftime, I took a shower, Wife had bought breakfast tacos and barbacoa for the start of the game, so after a small nap in the second half of the game, we headed to the mall to walk around.  We are seeing a ton of Halloween stuff and normally we would have the house looking awesome, it has been hard with Wife only here on the weekends and my leg hurt.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment