Monday, October 10, 2016

10/10/16 Ode To My Gash (On My Leg) (poem)

Gashy, I thought you were cute at first sight
yes you hurt but I thought it'd be alright
Now here we are five weeks later, you got to go
you're healing way too fucking slow.
I'm supposed to be lifting weights and walking many miles a night
all I have managed is sleeping when left out of sight
four different antibiotics and You look the same
what's with the black crud, what is your game?
Are you trying to kill me or just take my leg?
Either way, cut it out, please I beg.
For some weird reason you haven't given me any pain
you're black and huge, sympathy is easy to gain.
For you, I've been told I'm getting Wound Care,
looking on YouTube, on de-batement, all I did was stare.
Most of the people with injuries on their legs that heal real slow
are diabetics or their lymph nodes barely flow
They made me pee in a cup and took 8 vials of blood
no more a stud am I, just a cow who feels like a dud.
You are more a nuisance than an injury at this point
I don't even remember to bandage or anoint.
There is still some discharge coming out
at the end of the day I just sit there and pout
I wrap you at night, just so I won't get crap on my bed
all the seepage would just leave a big wet spot, color red.
I am out of antibiotic pills and fear it could get re-infected
maybe I should take matters in my own hands and start to dissect it.
I've poked and prodded and like I mentioned, it doesn't hurt
I would just hate to poke a hole and make some pus spurt
This week I promise I'll get back to being active
after a month it's back to square one on my path to Mr. Attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment