Sunday, October 16, 2016

10/16/16 I Do?

    Today was interesting.  Wife's sister decided they were getting remarried and thus we spent the day in San Antonio.  I don't really understand the idea of renewing vows with someone you already promised "for better or for worse..."  As far as I know, it doesn't wear off the first time.  This is the second time we go to a "renewal of the vows" for people we know.  All I see from my perspective is the meal because as far as I was concerned both times those people were married and thus already belonged to each other.  There was a thing about some knot involving three strands one for the chick, one for the dude, and the other for Him.  Then there were vows and crying.  Soon enough we were on our way to lunch at El Chaparral.  That is one of my favorite Mexican Restaurants over there.  The best part of the whole day was that the happy couple paid for the food.  At this point, I was ready to head back home to catch the Longhorn game at 6:00pm.  But no, just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.
    Wife's brother and wife bought a house in my in-law's neighborhood so even though it was about twenty miles in the wrong direction, we headed back to go see the house.  It is a nice house for those two breeders.  They have four kids and this house has five bedrooms, two living areas, a loft area upstairs, even a pool in the back yard.  Currently, they are in the process of changing out the floors before moving in.  The house is three blocks away from my in-laws, so we were there before we knew it.
    I looked for the game on TV, but they don't have the Longhorn network over there, I don't believe, so I did what I do best, took a nap.  Apparently, all the kids were having fun at my expense because I was snoring it up super loud.  Eventually, I woke up, had some coffee and pan dulce, sat and joined the conversation for awhile, and was a little impressed by Chubs working on a story he is writing on paper.  He has a solid idea for a beginning, we told him he needs to continue with it, see where it goes.
    We didn't head back to Austin until about 10:40pm, which means we got back to Austin close to midnight.  We usually spend a little time at Buc-ee's, but we got there at the same time four busses full of band students arrived, so it got super busy and loud up in there.  We decided not to compete with them, the kitchen quickly announced it would be an hour before food would be ready.
    We left and continued home.  We got some tamales from my in-laws which we decided we would eat while we watched some of our shows.  We only saw a couple shows, eating the tamales until we said no more.  I don't know if the tamales are just visiting my stomach or moving permanently in until they get done but they were probably not a good idea for a midnight snack.  There was way too much spice and activity for them not to bother me the rest of the night.  I even took some Pepto Bismal as soon as I washed the dishes.  I am sitting here at 4:30am with the slightest bit of nausea trying to hold back the burp that will give me that tamale after taste in my mouth for the rest of the night.  Oh well, it was a good day, and a rare one that didn't cost me any in food, just gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment