Tuesday, October 25, 2016

10/25/16 Starting The Week Off Super Busy?

    For the next few weeks I am supposed to be going to the Wound Care Clinic to have my wound tended to.  When I went in there last week for initial visit, they told me to come by twice a week to have my dressings changed and I guess monitor the healing process.  Today, I went in there at 8:30am, after dropping off Chubs at his school at 7:50am.  There was more waiting than I wanted to do, but oh well.  This facility is really for old people and half dead.  Everyone is in worst shape than me, that I have seen come in, and that is not a compliment.  But at least my gash is looking a lot better according to the nurse.  As a consequence, I only have to show up once a week to change my dressings and have the wound looked at.  After getting it all wrapped up, I rushed home to get back in bed, but I stopped by the Shell on the way home, I was down to 3.5 gallons judging by my miles left to empty.  I filled it up, clenching my sphincter.  There was a police officer looking at the cars in the body shop next to the gas station, and I have an expired sticker on my window.  I was expecting him to walk on over and do me the favor of ticketing me.  He did not, but I did not hang out to wave at him.  I finally went home and got in bed right before 10:00am.
    I then got up at 3:20pm to go pick up Chubs and go eat, when Wife called to re-arrange my day.  She started harassing me to call Concentra, the urgent care place to get an itemized bill, this while I had already planned to go to the UPS store to return a bad cable box.  I hated doing it, but I got Judas to call in my truck while I drove, then stood on hold for about fifteen minutes, while we drove to the UPS store.  I finally talked to a lady right before getting into the parking lot to return the cable box.  Since there was a McDonald's right there, we went inside to have lunch.  Wife called right as I bit into my burger, I answered, told her nope, we are fixing to eat, I'll call you in a bit.  I know it's kind of dick-ish, but I already was uncomfortable with the clientele eating/hanging out at the McDonald's.  There were four homeless people by four different outlets charging their phones.
    We finished eating before 4:00pm, ran home, I got ready for work, showered, covering my leg which takes longer and is such a nuisance.  I was at work right before 6:00pm, and here I sit, at 2:30am, trying to stay awake by writing my little blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment