Friday, October 28, 2016

10/29/16 A Flat Tire, Now!!?

    Every day seems to be marked by some new bullshit.  Today (Thursday) was going to suck because they were to re-pave our street.  I left to drop off Chubs at 7:45am, thinking by the time I come back, the road will probably be closed.  They had posted signs that the street was closed from 7:00am to 5:00pm.  I got back at 8:05 or so and nothing had changed.  I discussed with Boy that I would probably park at the house and since he would be at school, when he got back, the street would be closed and he would have to park on a side street.  I was a little worried if my truck was out on the street all day, it might get scratched or vandalized.
    Since things were running too smoothly, life through us a curve and Boy called that he had gotten a blow out on the freeway on his way to class, for a test..  This is one of my fears and the main reason I went and traded his old ass Jeep for a much newer Ford Edge.  The age of the vehicle does not guarantee whether a car gets a flat or not I know, but the tires are much newer.  They are back to fucking with the freeway, for the next four years they will be expanding and improving the part we use from Ben White to south of Slaughter Lane.  He probably ran over some shrapnel due to this.  I was impressed with Boy, he said he felt a wobble and vibration so he started slowing down and making his way over to the right.  He was already slowing down and on the shoulder when it blew.  He drove off the freeway and changed the flat by himself on the frontage road.  He even mentioned tightening the nuts in a star pattern, finishing tightening when the vehicle was on the ground.
    He went to class, I tried sleeping, Fed Ex woke me with a package that had been damaged, so I needed to sign for it.  It was Chub's Halloween costume, and it was not damaged, just the bag it came in was a little open.
    Eventually, we went and picked up Chubs, ran to Discount Tire, I chose a "Best" Pirelli tire from the selections, remembered Wife's new car did not come with a spare so I bought one for her too.  Not bad, but I had not planned on spending $360 on a couple tires on a random Thursday when I started out just hoping I would be able to drive out of my property in time to pick up my son.  Now I am bothered that his car has one new tire and three others that have 17,000 miles on them.  Oh well, I can't do much about that now.  I am just glad it was not like the Firestone crap where cars were flipping over a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment