Wednesday, October 5, 2016

10/6/16 Red And Blue, I Thank You?

    Finally, a cop when and where I needed one.  Last night, I was coming back to work minding my own business, figuring how soon and which watch I would buy first, if I had a bag of cash (shut it family, just dreaming).  Suddenly, on Slaughter Lane some idiot honked at me and he came over so much into my lane I think the jerk riding passenger hit my rearview mirror with his hand.  I had just turned and knew the other lane was empty so I threw my truck over enough to avoid the trucks bumping.  Normally, I would cuss and throw the finger but this was a very aggressive move and it wasn't one asshole, but two in the truck.  A move like that, they are either drunk and incapable of reasoning or looking for trouble which again, you can't reason with that.  I slowed down to let him get away from me, but the fucking light changed and he stopped, and I had to go and stop by his side.
    I purposely stopped about five feet from where we would be lined up, I wanted to say what the fuck, but again, I am smarter than that.  A few seconds later he puts his truck in reverse and moves back to line up our windows, I didn't want to but I lowered my window figuring if I didn't they were going to yell and get my attention one way or another.  I quickly looked at their hands, and they didn't seem to be holding any type of weapons or something they could throw.  I casually said "howdy", they said "hey, what are you up to?"  I said "headed back to work."  It caught the passenger by surprise and he gave a half sympathetic query like "aw man, that sucks."  Trying to keep them talking while waiting for the light to change I added "yeah, going on twenty years of working the night shift.  What are you fellas up to?"  The driver says "I was trying to race that Porsche (on my right), but he wouldn't bite."  At this point, the light changed, I said a final "take care" and they sped off.  I let them get distance from me, although it appeared they slowed down on the ramp to the freeway.  I noticed the car behind me come aggressively on me, but not passing me.  I said to myself "fuck, here comes his buddy, more assholes to avoid."  As soon as we were on the freeway, he went over to the inside lane hard and fast, but it was a police SUV.  I instantly did a "whew" to myself and mumbled "get him!!!"  He got on their ass, and you could see the a-hole not liking it, he changed lanes a few too many times and by the time they reached Ben White, they were pulled over.  The trailing smell of burning oil and their slurred speech makes me think right about now (half an hour after this happened), they are sitting in a well lit police station.

No comments:

Post a Comment