Sunday, October 23, 2016

10/23/16 Chomp Chomp?

    What is up with teeth?  Some people have great teeth and never do anything special to them, other people have a mess in their mouths and they floss and brush three times a day.  I know this only because this is Wife and I. 
    Back in junior high or high school my folks must have come upon a discount coupon or something, because all of a sudden we stopped going to Mexico to this one place with different rooms set up with different colored equipment.  Seriously, mexico and their colors, but I remember one room had like a purple dentist chair, another one was green, and maybe another was red.  The colors just popped.  It was close to el Mercado, like an open flea market of sorts, except everyone sold the same crap.  It seemed like everyone sold clay pots, pinatas, leather belts, Bingo cards, and the best, containers of cajeta de leche (like a soft gooey caramel), wonder why I had cavities in the first place.
    Anyway, all of a sudden, we went to a dentist in Carrizo Springs, which is our neighboring town, I guess Crystal City was not big enough to get its own dentist.  I am sure the work was done over some time, but it seems now like everything was done in one sitting.  All of a sudden, every molar in my mouth had a filling.  Surprisingly, all those molars are still holding strong.  Since then, I have only had two small cavities which were taken care of as soon as they were discovered.  One of the molars did have the silver filling wear down to the point the dentist suggested a crown.  I hesitantly went along with it, it sucked when it was being done, I remember walking around a couple weeks with a temporary cap while the fitted one was being made.
    Wife, on the other hand, has never had a cavity, only occasionally remembers to brush her teeth (when we about to make sweet love), yet her teeth are white and strong.  I guess it helps she doesn't drink coffee, but still.
    Both boys, sorry to say, have my teeth.  Both are a mess in their mouths.  Judas, with his broken tooth is fixing to cost me thousands.  He is finally about old enough for his permanent tooth to be installed, needs wisdom teeth pulled, and some other stuff.  Chubs is about as bad.  a couple of his molars came out messed up, dentist said from too much penicillin from constant ear infections.
    Probably as soon as I am done with my leg, I need to start looking into getting both boys seeing a dentist and spending money on that.  But right now, I am on a twice a week rotation to go see the Wound Care people until my cut heals.  If it isn't one thing, it's another.  Why can't I just sit here and be visited by lost strippers just dying to take their clothes off while I fold clothes or I vacuum???

No comments:

Post a Comment