Sunday, July 31, 2016

7/31/16 A New Soul For Wife?

    Just as I said during the week, I don't like to dick around when there are problems in my life.  Last week Wife started her job and on Tuesday she had to call my folks that her VW Bug wouldn't start.  My folks showed up with jumpers and got the car going.  Dad went to Walmart and bought a new battery and $158 dollars later, it seemed problem had been solved.  Well, no.  She was headed out to the local Dairy Queen (because what else is there in a small town?) to buy dinner or a snack and the service engine light came on.  I mean come on, it's the first goddamn week and already two issues?  The service engine light didn't seem to affect the car negatively, it still ran, but my folks wanted to play it safe, so they told her to take their car the rest of the week.  Wife was off Friday, so she headed home on Thursday night.  But my folks were on standby in case the car died in their vicinity, then my inlaws were put on red alert while she drove through San Antonio and its surrounding area.  Finally, I had to be ready in case the car gave out past New Braunfels or so.  Luckily, there were no actual problems, but it was nerve wracking to be at work not knowing if she would make it the whole way.
    Friday, I wanted to change the subject, Wife had said we would drop off Bug at VW and she take the Excursion.  It seemed ok to me, but she was already dreading the higher gas consumption.  So we headed off to see some personal watercraft, and yes I need to buy me a pair of those things, but what I saw online at $5200 was quickly discarded because of my girth.  The guy said it will be better if you buy a bigger jetski with a stronger engine.  So now I was looking at either a Yamaha or a Seadoo in the $11, 999.  I did not want to hear that, but I guess that is reality.  We left after looking around some more, but my ego was deflated.
    I did the only thing I know to do when I have been insulted, I went to spend money.  I told Wife I was going to go to Kia and buy her a Soul which she had already decided in her head is what she wanted to do.  She said they won't let you, you already have the truck and Boy's vehicle.  I said "watcha!'  We came back south and stopped at the Kia place.  Wife had said I don't care for leather, or navigation, or sunroof, or anything showy.  I just want a barebones $13,000 vehicle.  Get me air conditioning and XM radio since there are no radio stations out there.  I said cool, I was thinking the less we spend on this car, the quicker my Seadoo becomes a reality.  We test drove a white one that was very base, over to their back up lot and he had a mocha colored Soul there that Wife seemed to like, but she didn't approach it to peek in the windows or anything like that.  I told the guy, we need to drive it, let's go get the key.  We headed back to the main dealership, and Wife slowly gravitated to the one Kia Soul sitting up by the building by itself, and you could tell it was different by the two tone roof, the vehicle was cream colored, but the roof was black and it had two large sun-roofs.  The leather was pretty and brown, like a baseball glove.  The navigation screen was at least as big as what my truck has.  I has pretty much every bell and whistle Kia puts on its vehicles.  It got too late Friday to complete the deal.  We had tentatively agreed to numbers but then when I started teasing Wife that she was just like me and she too needed all the crap she says I don't need, she said "Fine, we'll go back tomorrow and cancel the car."  I said don't be like that, but then Boy walked in pretty much making fun just like I had about needing her car to have everything like Daddies.  I was sure she was done, just to prove to us she is not petty like us.  She called the sales guy who said we had already signed papers and had given money.  Wife said we didn't sign any contract papers, we can back out, and after discussing it, it is just too much money to pay for a small vehicle.  I was not expecting him to lower the price as much as they did, but they lowered the car another $4000, and that made it very hard for Wife to say no.  The car is parked outside now.  Yeaih Wife!!!  I hope she is happy with her car for a long time, it is fun to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment