Thursday, July 21, 2016

7/22/16 What Will I Do Whilst I Live Alone? (Poem)

What will I do, while I live alone
will I seize the day and make it my own
or will I cower in fear and forget that I'm grown?
I might conquer a fear and in silence write a great book
or shake in my boots and realize my whole life Wife took.
I shan't be dramatic, for it has never been my style
productivity be my mistress I shall create new things while I smile.
But who will cook my breakfast, lunch, and dinner?
goddammit you whiny Beaner, this is your chance to finally get thinner!
A lady we talked to said it would be great
every weekend will be like you and the wife are going on a date.
They do say "absence makes the heart grow fonder"
We must focus on the opportunity that Wife must not squander.
She is now a Director with bigger responsibilities to boot
maybe I can help her relax by massaging her foot.
I don't know what to say but she starts in four days
just like that, our life is in its next phase.
I do have plans to go daily to the gym
if anything when Wife comes back, I will be trim.
I'm buying me a table saw for projects galore
changing out the floors is something I have in store.
Of course, all this is because Wife will make more money
House projects she is for, but I better not go out and get funny.
I really want a new boat but that qualifies as comedy for my boys
they insist I should know better than to spend our hard earned money on overpriced toys.
But if I must live alone, I refuse to get the shaft
I promise myself a shiny new personal watercraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment