Tuesday, July 19, 2016

7/19/16 Possibility Of Having A Full House, Post Wife Moving?

    Boy mentioned yesterday that his male roommate might be getting a job with Google here in the next few weeks, and since the job is here in town, if I would mind if they stayed with us.  This would mean he would be coming back and he would be bringing me two more roommates.  Although my initial gut feeling is no, I don't want anyone in the house, I can't think of a good reason to say no.  Wife says this way the house is not empty at night, they would be there at night.  I was ready to agree, but then their pets were brought up.  I have no love for pets, they stink up a house and if I have been dragging my feet for my own son, I am going to drag them even more for Boy's friends.  So there it is, y'all can stay with us, but no pets I told them.  Chubs mutters in with if you pay more, you can bring one in, I turn to him and tell him to shut up.  He runs out of the room.  Boy's friends love their dog, I offer to take it for a run by attaching his leash to my bumper, a la National Lampoon's Vacation, but they did not find it funny.  The girl asked "what is the matter with you?  I said "hey, I am trying to help, y'all need a place to stay."  I had already figured they weren't staying with us, pet people need pets around.
    For now, it looks like it'll just be me and my brother during the week, Boy needs to find an apartment, but they are waiting until the last minute because he likes to make things as stressful as possible.  Instead of finding something right now, nah, they'll wait until the week before school is fixing to start and then wonder why nothing is available.  I really want the extra room in our house, and I would like to move the pool table into that room.  Wife suggested the middle bedroom upstairs, it would look cool if it was open and the upstairs became more inviting that way with a third living area.  I would like to make the current spot where we have the pool table and official living room or maybe a library, and go all the way around with books.  I love books, even when everybody has moved to e-readers.
    The bed in that room is already slated to go with Wife, she has a room my mom is cleaning for her, she just needs to take a bed, since I will be going down on supposedly alternating weekends, I might as well have a good place to sleep.  If I play my cards right, this is when I can buy the king size bed made out of twin mattresses.  We already have the motor things that go up and down, if she takes our king mattress, I can replace it with twin mattresses and nobody will be the wiser.

We have this:



I want this:


No comments:

Post a Comment