Friday, July 22, 2016

7/23/16 Busy Friday Afternoon?

    This happens to be the final weekend before Wife heads to her new job.  My folks came up to celebrate my brother's birthday, which was Friday.  They showed up around 3:00pm, which was perfect, as I got up at 2:00pm and was able to shower and dress before they arrived.  It was so hot when they arrived that I didn't want to leave the house, and luckily Mom didn't want to leave without my brother since it was his day.  She got him up and we hung out another hour or so while he got ready, then we went out to go and eat.
    My brother chose Mandola's, and since we have plans of a meat coma tomorrow, it seemed perfect.  Before we got to order there was probably a 20 to 30 min wait in line.  It was very odd that as soon as we got to the counter a kid tells us that we have a choice, we can either sit outside in the patio, or we can hold up the line for 10 to 20 minutes while people get up and leave.  I got pissed and responded back to the kid "are you fucking high?"  Wife quickly told me to stop cussing, but it was 5:00pm and about 103 outside.  What really pissed me off is that right before we ordered there was a big table for six people that was taken by a couple with a baby.  I told the waitress it was stupid to sit that fucking couple on that table when she could have sat us there, not that it mattered.  There was a small table available, of course you don't tell Mr. and Mrs. Whitey to move, you suggest to the Mexicans to sit outside.  At this point, the pretty naïve blonde girl behind the counter asked for our order, I said no, we are not going to order and then hope a table opens up while we wait.  We can hold up the whole line, I don't give a rat's ass.  At this point, the waitress said she would get a table and set it up for us.  I said ok, but waited until I actually saw a table before telling Wife to go ahead and order.  We got a folding picnic table set up on the floor and it looked pretty shitty, but they threw a black cloth over it which I guess made it ok.
    The food was great, after all that BS.  Wife ordered a shrimp scampi with fettuccine noodles that was just so awesome.  The bread we get before the meal is usually stale, but fresh it is so much better.  Anyways, my dad wanted to go home, as usual, after the meal, so we ran back to the house.  By this time, it was about 8:30pm.  We headed to Central Market to get a birthday cake, and along with that we got some other pastries and sweets.  Along with Central Market, we also went into the store next door.  I always enjoy this store, and I wish I could buy more stuff there, but I am not outdoorsy enough. 
    We finally made it home around 10:30, and sang happy birthday to my brother, and drank some coffee.  I spent some time showing Wife some YouTube videos with the Seadoo Spark, which has become my latest obsession.  I want a pair of Seadoo's, to go fishing with my dad, or to just run around with Wife and the boys.  Boy tells me it is a stupid use of our money, I just tell him to shut it, I know he would want to borrow them with his friends.  First I have to wait and make sure Wife gets a better newer ride, then I can be a little selfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment