Thursday, July 28, 2016

7/28/16 Freaking Service Engine Soon Light?

    Why can't shit just be cool for a little while?  I am doing a pretty good job of keeping the house in one piece, even getting ahead, tonight during lunch, I got a load going in the washer, so there isn't much to do in the washing department when Wife gets here tomorrow.  I have kept the kitchen clean and last night during lunch I even started cleaning the pantry out.  Meanwhile, that asshole of a car that Wife is driving is fucking with me.  Yesterday, the battery died.  Fine, Wife called my folks, and my Dad was even a hero and went and bought a new battery and installed it for Wife.  Cool!! Nope, As soon as that was fixed, the stupid Service Engine Soon Light came on.  That car had been rock solid since we got it from my mom and did a couple things to it.  Why does shit wait until I can't reach it, to become a nuisance?
    I thought Wife wanted to just get a new car this weekend, and that might be a challenge because I got my truck last September, and we bought Boy another vehicle just a month ago.  His Jeep was being a piece of crap. I started looking through online places like Maxwellford.com for vehicles we might like.  I want a Ford Escape or another Ford Edge for her, Wife would like a Kia Soul, which seems a little ehhh to me.  They might be good enough little vehicles, but they seem cheap to me, they consistently stay under $20,000, even loaded. 
    Wife has some money coming to her, so waiting until it comes in sounds great to me.  She is getting paid for writing some stuff for a group she knows, then because of when she is changing schools, she will get an extra check from the old school on top of getting paid at her new school, so there will be some more extra money.  If we can manage to get $4000-$5000 for the bug, I would be happy.  My Mom actually mentioned this past weekend that she wouldn't mind buying it back from us.  I said "sold!" $5000.  She said that was too much, I said that is what we bought it from you and then we went and did like $8000 in repairs, starting with a new convertible top.  The conversation mysteriously changed, if we can drag our feet, perhaps I will get my 5Gs back from my mother.
    In the meantime, we do have options, Wife said she would take the Excursion this week.  I suggested she just do a round robin and alternate all the vehicles, that way no one car gets all the mileage abuse.  She could also take my truck, then Boy's Edge.  That way each car would only go down to Crystal City one week a month.  That is only about 5 times for each vehicle between now and Christmas break.  The Bug is going into the shop, where I am sure the Service Engine Soon light will cost me $500, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment