Tuesday, July 12, 2016

7/12/16 Big Lou's Pizza Was Big?

    We went to Big Lou's this weekend, and I was not impressed, at all.  There was an hour long wait just to order our pizza.  After we ordered, there was another hour long plus wait.  It is the middle of summer, so we were waiting in about 100 degree weather outside.  The entrance has a metal roof and there are tons of fans inches from the roof which blow hot air.  It was seriously cooler between the fans where the air did not hit you.  It was crazy hot and the amount of people waiting made it even crazier. 
    We went with our old friend's, Girlie's mom and husband.  They took a truckload of people in their vehicle and then we took our old neighbor, and her daughter with us.  We got a chance to get caught up, we hadn't talked since the last time we ran into each other in Corpus Christi.  It was nice, we go weeks or months without talking, yet we can always pick right up and it feels smooth as if we were talking the night before.
    Big Lou's Pizza is next to Big Lou's Burger and they also sell a giant burger, but today we were hunting for pizza.  The pure size of the pizza is pretty impressive.  I think we got the 42 inch pizza and they go to 62 inch and then 82 inch, but that one requires advanced notice.  As big and picture worthy the size, the quality of the pizza wasn't really there.  It would take a special oven to handle that type of pizza, the edges were almost crispy while the middle was kind of warm and cooked, but nowhere near crispy.  They do give you a long silver platter to put the slices on, a round plate would not work.  By the time we were done, there were maybe 6 slices of pizza left and I wanted nothing to do with them.
    While we sat at the bar waiting, I was scared of being told to move, so I ordered a beer.  It was probably the first beer I ever ordered at a bar, honestly, I wasn't sure if after he served it, he was going to say $1, $10, or $30.  The bar is a weird place.  It happened to be happy hour, Wife noticed.  My beer was a very cheap $2.53 cents.  I then saw a lady order a huge drink in those novelty giant martini glasses and that drink was $32.  Who determines the prices at a bar?  We managed to sit there in the corner, me nursing that beer until they sat us down.  We went from one warm part of the restaurant to another.  As soon as I ate my third and final slice I told Wife, I am going to go outside and cool off in the sun.  There was a breeze in the shade, away from their fans where it was ok to stand, but I did tell Wife, never again.  Well, maybe in the fall when the temperature drops into the 70s.

No comments:

Post a Comment