Monday, July 18, 2016

7/18/16 Getting Ready To Kick Wife To The Curb?

    Wife has one more week to hang out and relax.  Next Monday she begins a new job in a new land.  I will give her the proverbial boot to the ass and send her flying three hours in a south westerly direction.  It has been a weird summer to be sure.  We had our vacation to Florida, then we have been in a holding pattern, the superintendent loved her, but they had chosen a different person, then TEA convened and said no to their first selection.  Wife ended up getting called while we were in Florida, and offered the position.  My family was more interested in shaking their conservative cold finger at me saying I would be taking the opportunity to act like a bachelor, but eventually (I think) each congratulated her in their own way.
    Today, the feeling of leaving is in the air.  The superintendent told her to show up next Monday to start getting organized.  Chubs will be going with her, he hasn't really visited with either set of grandparents, and he should go hang out.  We went out today and she got a new laptop, along with a printer, and stuff you would need to work from home.  She is not sure what will be called on her, but at least she should be prepared.  The boys took advantage of the Best Buy charge and both threw in whatever latest video game they need.  I simply got a new HDMI cord, which I am sure Boy stole one of mine.  I have a Y splitter in the living room and had both the cable box and the Blue Ray DVD connected to it.  Last time we went to watch movies, one of my wires was gone, and although Boy was the last one to mess with those wires, he insists he knows nothing.
    After Best Buy, we ran down to Mod Pizza, we can't get enough, it is so good.  After eating, I forced Wife into the Mattress Firm store next to the pizza place, over in Kyle, across the street from the HEB.  My thinking is that although it might be as quick as a year, she could be stuck down there for two or three years.  I say she might as well be comfortable, and get a good mattress.  My folks are providing two rooms, one for her and one for Chubs.  Chub's room already has an older full size bed, but Wife needs a bed for the room she will be occupying.  I had thought of just taking one of our older beds, we do have four king size beds, and letting her use that, but we stopped sleeping on them for a reason.  Plus, if we are to believe good advertising, those mattresses weigh twice as much from dead skin and dander.  Commercials blow a lot of hot air up our asses!!!
    Wife did not want to spend another thousand just yet, so we are holding up on the decision.  I think this will be exciting and different and sad and a challenge.  I look forward to it.  We talked to a realtor who said she was separated like that with her husband, he had a good job in Dallas, she was here in Austin and every weekend was like a honeymoon.  When you only see each other for a couple days a week, there isn't time for nitpicking at bullshit.  My in-laws did it too before completely moving to San Antonio, and even my folks were similar since my dad was a truck driver and was gone most of the week.
    If any Grima Wormtongues start whispering in Wife's ear to cause trouble they will be kicked squarely in the ass.  You know who I am talking to, yes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment