Friday, July 15, 2016

7/15/16 Quietly Waiting?

    Wife has been waiting to sign her new contract very patiently.  She agreed to take the job while we were in Florida a couple weeks ago, but then we got back and the superintendent said they were going to be shut down for the 4th of July week.  This actually sounds good, because next year when she is employed there, we can plan our vacation for the week of 4th of July.
    Wife is now gone for the second week in a row where she leaves on an overnight trip and I stay behind because I am working.  Last week she took her folks down to visit the Basilica of our Lady of San Juan Del Valle, a catholic church my folks have visited over the years.  It's the type of church people make promises to visit in times of need.  I remember my folks making a promise to go when a dog we had was bitten by a snake, in turn the dog then kind of nibbled on my brother before we knew what was going on with the dog.  My parents were afraid it was rabies and they feared my brother would have needed the then painful treatment of like 20 shots to prevent the rabies from forming in my brother, or something like that, we were young.
    This week she left Wednesday night to go hang out at her parents, then she is leaving early in the morning to La Pryor to sign her contract and since she is not yet starting, coming back to San Antonio.  If I end up working a full night, Chubs and her will spend another night, if I just work a four hour shift, then they will come back Thursday evening.
    I want to be a rock, but it is going to be a change.  Last week, I just picked up Whataburger for dinner, letting Boy fend for himself, as he had friends over.  Tonight, he was alone, so I invited him to eat, first at TGIF, but he said nah.  We ended up getting Whataburger again, which is fine with me, but I gotta get into some variety or fall into some new habits.  I keep hearing they are moving the gym to my building, and that would be perfect.  Once Boy is back in his apartment in San Marcos, and Wife and Chubs are living in Crystal City during the week, I would like to just workout every night, hopefully lose some weight and stay onsite instead of running around.
    The other interesting tidbit is Wife took Boy's new ride.  It is going to be a little give and take for awhile.  We got Boy basically a new vehicle (2015 Ford Edge with ~10,000 miles), but he sits in San Marcos all week and rides the bus to school.  Meanwhile, Wife is driving an 11 year old vehicle three hours away with Chubs.  She is the one who needs the new vehicle now.  My plan is to save up quickly and buy another small SUV maybe a year old, with low miles for her, unless Boy wants it.  At least we have a new vehicle she can use right now.  If she needed, she could take my truck too, but she keeps saying she doesn't want to drive anything too big.

No comments:

Post a Comment