Sunday, July 17, 2016

7/17/16 To The Winner, Go The Spoils?

    With Wife getting her new job, I feel like some spending is in order.  Today we took a drive, and I saw some things I might want.  We basically drove down the frontage of I-35 one direction and then came back on the other.  Our first stop was at a place I thought sold granite countertops.  They only sold tile, but the guy I talked to said they were going to start carrying granite in a couple of weeks.  I still managed to like some of their tile, specifically the new tile that looks like a wood pattern.  I like this for the kitchen, that way we don't have to worry if it gets wet, it won't get damaged.  When we would hot tub, we did get the floor wet, and then there's always water from the faucet, or a spilled glass.
    The next stop was at Palm Harbor Homes, to look at some mobile homes.  I have been tossing around the idea of trading in our RV for a mobile home, to set up on our land by Canyon Lake.  They had different units in the $50s, $60s, and $70s.  The unit in the $50,000 range had 2 bedrooms, and 2 baths along with a kitchen, dining area and living room.  The unit in the $60,000 range had a third bedroom.  I really liked the other unit in the $70,000 range, because it had a fourth bedroom and a separate living area, that the kids could use as a game room.  I would be content with the idea of a 2 bedroom unit, but Wife reminded me the land is only half ours, and maybe with my brother in law, we could buy a bigger unit.
    I remembered there was a store that sells motorcycles, mopeds, and even personal watercraft.  I would love to own two of those jetskis.  They carry Yamaha products, and the guy said they ranged from $9500 to $13500, depending on what accessories and stuff.  This sounds a little pricey, but it got me thinking.  I asked if they took trades and he said yes, but boats are usually handled by their store in San Antonio.  In my head, I see them giving me about $5000 for my boat, then  I can raise the other half from now until next spring.  I would love to own 1 then 2 jetskis, they would be shorter than a boat, so they would fit in the garage  I don't know if my dad would still be spry enough to ride one, but I gotta imagine they would be great to go fishing in, since they can get into that skinny water.
    While we were there, I wasn't taking Wife too seriously, but she got all excited in her head to get a scooter for Boy to get around campus.  I did not think he would be cool with it, and so as soon as I asked him, he said no.
    After all this daydreaming, we went to one of Wife's stores and she bought some new blouses for her new job.  She was showing me a couple days ago that she had like thirteen other shirts she had not worn for work, but were in her closet and new.  While she shopped there, I ran over to Home Depot, my mom had said she would benefit from a fan, so I got her a new one.  I also got her some new outlet cords as my mom's house is short of outlets and since it has bothered me the last couple times, some new water aerators for the sink in the bathroom.  It was jammed with something and the water just sprays out wildly.  It would be nice to fix this, since she will be using it regularly.
    We ended the night at Longhorn Steakhouse.  We were going to BBQ, but it was so hot all day long, by the time it was eating time, we figured this would be nicer.  It was.

No comments:

Post a Comment