Thursday, July 28, 2016

7/29/16 Appreciating The Quiet Times?

    Cake is enjoyable because we only have it during special times, maybe a birthday or a holiday.  Now, we have gone through periods that we have so much cake in the fridge we don't even bother having a slice because it's just too much.  Right now, I have three kinds of cake in the fridge (and I wonder why I'm a fat fuck?!).  I didn't buy them, Wife did.  She buys coconut for me, and chocolate cake for the boys, those smallish cakes that come in a square box from the freezer.  Then my mom had come up last weekend and bought my brother a "tres leches" cake which I find kind of disgusting, I mean it is wet bread to me.  About half of that cake remains, and I am not touching it, except maybe to throw away Sunday night.
    Almost got lost in my own analogy.  Wife is my cake now.  Not seeing her all week, I actually miss her nonstop yapping and lecturing.  I am glad she is coming home tonight and I am only working four hours.  I don't think tonight will be a "get to your side of the bed night, I might want me a slice of that big girl with a glass of water."  Usually, I used to think "ehh, I'll get some tomorrow, when I'm not so stuffed from dinner..."  Now, I better partake of my husbandly duties when I can because she is not available 24/7.
    Since I have done all the chores, and the house is clean, we can do whatever we want.  We could go out for a late night dinner, or just run and get some snacks and stay up late watching TV.  I wouldn't mind running to Katy Mills Mall either Friday or Saturday, she's a big baller now, making that fat cash for Daddy.  I am sure we are going to go look at cars too, but I think we have that problem solved.
    Chubs spent some time with my mom's pup and he is over the idea of wanting a dog of his own.  He noticed how demanding a pet would be.  That is the greatest thing that could have happened, as I didn't want a dog in our house.  He is a smart boy, just a matter of time before he starts asking for something else.  He did kind of tell me he needs a bigger TV in his room down there.  My mom has a small tube TV that might be 20 inches.  He has a 48 inch TV in his room up here, he thinks he needs a bigger TV to see things better, plus he needs connections to plug in his Xbox and Wii.  Always something, since Wife will be taking the Excursion this weekend, I am sure we will fill it with all sorts of goodies for them and the comforts that they are accustomed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment