Monday, August 1, 2016

8/1/16 First Weekend Of Our New Life?

    I thought this first weekend of our new lifestyle worked out pretty good.  Wife was off on Friday as they were on their last week of summer schedule, so as soon as she got off, she went and picked up Chubs and headed up here.  As it was, I was working a short week, so I just worked four hours and completed my forty hour week.  I was done by 9:00pm and Wife got into town about 9:30pm.  I quickly ran to Central Market to get some breads and snacks, thinking we would just stay in, but the boys decided they were hungry so we headed out to eat.  I wanted some fajitas, so we headed to one Mexican place, but it was closed, then we tried another and it was closed.  I said screw it, and we headed to IHOP, knowing it is open all night.
    Wife had plenty to talk about, and Chubs had plenty to say too.  It was nice, dinner went by fast.  We slept in late, and got up around 1:00pm.  Eventually, we headed to Woods Fun Center, which I already talked about and that led us to Kia and Wife's new car.  I love that we took care of that.  We both wanted to wait until we had more money for a down payment, but like I said earlier, I don't like other people having to "save" my wife because I am too far away.  We still have the VW Bug and my mom showed interest in buying it back.  I want some money for it which will be my starting nest egg for my first of two Seadoos for next summer.  If I can get $4000 there and another $4000 for my old boat, I am almost there to one Personal Water Craft.  If I get lucky, I may be able to have enough money for both PWC by the spring.  We shall see, Wife is also planning on saving money for our vacation next summer.
    Friday night we managed to go to the movies at Alamo Drafthouse to see Ghostbusters.  It was ok, but I will admit I dozed off near the end of the movie.  We did not eat all day, as the plan had been to go see the Seadoos and then eat, but we got distracted looking at cars, then trying to get it.  At the movies, I ordered popcorn, soda, and a pepperoni pizza, Chubs ordered the chicken wings and an order of fries.  Wife ordered a pizza and a pretzel.  I drank 2 sodas and had about two bowls of popcorn, after that, I just could not stay awake.  Chubs kept hitting me as my snoring was quite loud, but it was no use.  The movie was funny up until I watched, but I could see the BS where the gov't is trying to hide the "ghost" problem until it becomes such a large problem that they can't..... blah.  I still love going to the movies, sorry I fell asleep.
    Sunday was a blur, we slept until almost 2:00pm, I woke up and Wife was already up and running the shower waiting for hot water.  She showered and said she wanted to leave soon so she could stop at her mom's for awhile.  This week, Chub decided to stay home.  I checked with Boy to make sure he was going to be around all week, he bitched a bit, but said he would.  Wife left after we ate at Zaxby's, and she headed to her folks, they loved her new car.  I headed back to Austin and napped for awhile. 
    I ended up going to HEB at 7:00pm to get food since both boys are going to be here under my watch for the week.  Getting back, I yelled at Boy for a bit, because he insists on being ungrateful and generally a little shit.  He told me he wanted some steaks they sell at Sam's, but they don't sell them at HEB, and all the steaks I saw were way too expensive for him to cook with his friends.  I don't buy steaks if I have to pay $9.00 a steak for us, and I am certainly not doing it for some knuckleheaded 20 year olds.  I got a mix like I usually get for us, a little pork, a little beef, some chicken wings, and sausage.  He tells me, "ehh, I'll go get steaks tomorrow, I'm not making that shit."  Of course that was met with a "well fuck you then, it's what we eat when we make BBQ, I was doing you a favor."  He kept an attitude going for a while, probably because I woke his Highness, but that is what I get for running to the store and letting them take it easy here at the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment