Tuesday, July 12, 2016

7/13/16 Transients Are Going To Ruin Southpark Meadows?

    I think there are too many hobos/transients operating the streets.  Sunday night, I got the urge to go to Walmart late for some nighttime snacks, it's summer, the kids and Wife are up.  Driving through the parking lot, there is one group after another in the grassy areas of people who look to be living there.  I have gotten used to the panhandling, it must be good, otherwise they would move along.  Thank you to the idiots that give them money, by the way.  Most of these guys out there are in their 30's, they could be working, but somehow figured this is a better use of their time.
    A couple years ago I felt like the house we are in was our last house, now I am thinking we need to move further west.  I don't want to sound like a dick, but I know they are living in the greenbelt behind our house.  Last night, we were in the living room at almost 2:00am watching Orange Is The New Black with Wife, and all of a sudden we heard a loud thud.  We hear it during the day, and always assume it is birds smacking into the windows.  I don't believe birds fly much at night, and bats are too sophisticated to hit a wall, we do have bats.  I was then thinking maybe a very large cricket, but what if it was a hobo testing to see if we would react?  We quickly turned on the lights in the backyard, I wasn't about to open the door, why give them a path inside, if they are armed with a knife?  I then went upstairs andstared out into the greenbelt but we couldn't really see anything.  It shook us, though.  Later, in bed, Wife remembered we have cameras outside, in the back it points from the corner of the patio past the door and keeps an eye to the windows in the back.  Luckily, we did not notice any figures, we could see in the video where we turn on the lights, so we were in the right time frame.
    We had eaten at Salt Lick Saturday and on the way home, we stopped and looked at some houses out there.  We were surprised they weren't more expensive.  Since the valuation of our house keeps increasing yearly, at this point, the city values our house over $400,000, we could make a tidy profit to help us buy a house out there and bring the mortgage to around what we are paying right now.  I don't want to be mean but hobos are not going to be trying to get into a gated community 15-20 miles out of town, it's just not convenient.  That could be our newest plan, after Wife does her duty down south, when she comes back, we celebrate by moving to a nicer neighborhood.  It's gonna be that or I'm going to start booby trapping the backyard with fishing wire and maybe even barb wire along the top of my fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment