Tuesday, December 1, 2015

12/1/15 Babies Having Babies?

    So it begins.  Our old neighbor's daughter started going into labor last night.  I guess she should be with child by today or tomorrow at the latest.  I know other classmates of mine and even Wife's have already made them grandma's, but they don't live in my neck of the woods.  This young girl is two days younger than Boy, at 21 she's not having the baby too young, but it just makes things real.  We grew up with this family, this kid liked nothing more than bouncing on the trampoline and swimming.  I guess now she gets to play the adult and repeat.  We are such basic animals.
    Boy, meanwhile has not had a girlfriend in a while.  I kind of like it that way.  He has dated some pretty girls, but they always seem a little needy.  Boy is a busy man-child, he don't have time for girl problems, what with all the comic cons and wizard cons and other "nerdy" adventures.  He is going to need a girl who comes ready to rock a cartoon costume and not ask too many questions.  Until he can start hanging a degree or two on the wall, I will not pester him about his life choices.  He seems to be happy with himself.
    Girlie, our pregnant neighbor's daughter's cousin meanwhile texted she was home from work and was fixing to watch cartoons and eat cereal.  She was aware of what was going on on the other side of her door (lives with pregnant cousin and aunt) and she was just happy it wasn't her.  I would hope she would have homework of some kind, but no kids is still a win in my book.
    My question is "when do we get old?"  I remember being little and my grandmas were "old."  They had the white hair, they both smoked so they had the rough voices.  My mom is like a wizard, colors her hair a little bit, is still working, meanwhile my Dad has started shrinking, soon he'll fit in the luggage, and the way he complains, he might get tossed in with his underwear on long trips.  Am I old to my boys?  I keep my hair bald, but when it does come out, it is mostly grey.  I still try to lift weights, but over the last six months, I've been on a downhill slide, not sure if I'm climbing back up.  Am I in a slump because I have gotten "old" or am I getting old because I am in a slump.  If I don't get out of this funk by the spring, might as well shop for cemetery plots, jumbo size, that is something old people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment