Friday, December 25, 2015

12/25/15 Some Assembly Required?

    After The Fat Man leaves, you would think free at last, free at last.  Nope, I have spent the day slowly assembling a lamp, washing new sheets, putting new sheets on bed, installing batteries up this, that, and the other. 
    Chubs got us up at 9:30am to see the Santa loot, but honestly, after watching him excitedly react for awhile, I could do nothing more than fall asleep on the sofa.  Mama and Daddy were celebrating 22 years together by playing "hide the salami" (well Vienna Winnie, but still) after all the Santa duties were done.  We went to sleep around 5:30am, so 9:30 came fast.
    By the time he was done looking through and I got released to go back to bed, they had piled plenty of gifts on top of me from my parents and other family members.  I shook them off and went back to bed.  We got up the second time after 2:30pm.
    We have been relaxing all day, assembling something, eating something.  It's good to be the king.  This is the latest I have written a blog, at almost 8:00pm, but the smell of lasagna is slowing me down.  We are expecting friends, but they are dragging ass, we will eat without them.
    We have been discussing going down to Crystal, to drop off our gifts, unless the weather is bad Saturday, we shall be on the road.  Although I would love to take my big truck, Wife won't drive it, so she may force my hand and we end up going in the bug.

I'm feeling too relaxed, so,

Merry Christmas, love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment