Sunday, November 29, 2015

11/30/15 Chicken Wings Have Us Fooled?

    Whoever decided chicken wings and miniature drumsticks were a worthy meal is a genius, from a business standpoint.  To prove the point just look at how many different wings places exist today.  There is the original Hooter's, which forced their sale with a touch of orange colored ass, I still love that classic look.  But today we can include Plucker's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Wingstop, Wings To Go, Wings and More, and an assortment of smaller knockoffs.
    Today, both boys woke up demanding to eat wings.  I really didn't want to get up, as I stayed up until about 6:00am screwing around on the internet.  But they got the best of me and finally at the crack of 3:30pm I got up.  Boy was already headed out with his friend, which I thought good, one less mouth to feed, but no, he kept checking in with "mama" to make sure we were in motion.  He was even already waiting at a Plucker's when I  decided if I have to eat crappy wings, I might as well enjoy them with a side of butt.  I told wife to call him and relocate to the Hooter's downtown, which they did.  I like wings, as an appetizer, I made them all summer, but only used a very light touch of flavor.  The wings from Plucker's last time we were on the road in San Marcos were drenched in thick sauce.  There had to be more weight in sauce than chicken meat.  This was why I couldn't eat there again.
    It had been at least two years since we had eaten wings from Hooter's, but last time Wife got a gift card or something for a party ended up ordering like two containers full of wings, I remember them being delicious.  This time around, they were in the same gelatinous sauce, it's hard to even taste the meat.  The girls, I was surprised, still wear the skimpy shorts, I was expecting they would be in yoga pants because of the cold, but no, the shorts still exist, but there were only four girls wearing them.  As a man, I would like to see all young chicks walking in there have to change into the skimpy shorts, at least that what happens in my head.
    Another curious thing was that as soon as we got there, his friend had to leave.  I am not sure if it is because I changed the venue to Hooter's, Boy's friend is very religious, maybe he got nervous when he saw half naked girlies.  He just said hi and "my mom just called, I have to go home."  I figured if we're gonna eat wings, we're gonna eat wings.  I suggested the party platter with like 50 wings for $44.99.  There were then four sodas and a family size order of fries, somehow the order came to $80. Wife paid, but now that I'm thinking about that, there had to be a mistake.  Either way, it'll be a long time before we do this again.  I then sat on the sofa waiting to feel nauseaus from all the grease, but somehow, it all stayed calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment