Wednesday, December 2, 2015

12/2/15 Chubs Has Dr. Who On The Brain?

    Chubs discovered Dr. Who sometime over the summer.  Netflix released like 10 seasons all at once.  He began watching but had no one to discuss with at the house.  He told me I should watch it, so I reluctantly started watching, thinking it was kind of goofy in the beginning.  It is a complex show, the Dr. is a "time lord", he is the last of his kind.  His planet went to war with the Daleks and everyone was lost except for him.  The Daleks, which are aliens that reside inside powerful robot shells keep popping up through different conventions, but the Dr. always defeats them.
    The Dr. would be a lonely man, but he keeps picking up attractive gals and then proceeds to take them on adventures all around the universe.  He has a TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension In Space), it is his flying ship.  It looks like a blue telephone booth, but inside houses a magical space much larger than a phone booth that the Dr. claims is almost alive.  It translates their language, it provides the proper O2 supply, and in general lets them carry on in any environment.
     I am now on season 3, almost at the end of the season, Chubs is on season 5.  I was slowly catching up to him, but he went rogue and over the holidays watched like ten episodes in one day.  He wants me to do the same, but I can only watch one or two episodes a night.  Some can be light hearted and funny, but some just leave me a crying mess.
    Chubs had the great idea that he wants to build his own TARDIS.  I asked where are you going to put this huge (I was imagining) refrigerator box?  He countered back "no, I want it made out of wood, and we could put it in the garage."  I said no, how about if we encase the area around your desk?  He liked it, but I thought it would just be hot in there, then it came to me.  How about if we paint the door to your room blue, then your whole room is the TARDIS.  He took a second with the idea before loving it, which I looked in Google as everything already seems to exist, and sure enough there were a few examples of bedroom doors painted blue and looking kind of like the real deal.  Hopefully, this weekend we can paint the door, I already bought the paint as a show of not lying to him.

*from the internet, not mine.
TARDIS
TARDIS idea for his door












No comments:

Post a Comment