Tuesday, December 15, 2015

12/15/15 Baby Finally Came?

    Our ex-neighbor's baby finally came.  She started dialating on December 1st, was eventually induced, on December 10th but because of something or other it was decided baby should be taken out via cesarean section.  Officially, he was born Thursday at 7:51pm, weighed 8lbs. 10oz., and was 20.5 inches long.  I only know this because the information was sent to me multiple times by Girlie, my neighbor, and Wife.  The new happy family all came home today.
    Since Wife was in a conference in Dallas, I waited to go over until today (sunday).  We were going to go last night, but the neighbor had just left the hospital when they talked, Wife was kind of tired from her trip, and my brother was still here.  I think it was better to wait until they got home, everybody is more relaxed.  We took them a book I found at Half-Price Books with 365 Nursery Rhymes, and Wife found a receiving blanket with an elephant, which was her character at the baby shower.
    I feel anyone of average intelligence should know the nursery rhymes we grow up with.  They make up the basic knowledge of our youth, even if we don't fully understand:  Jack and Jill went up the hill.....  Old McDonald had a farm.....  Twinkle twinkle little star...  who knew there were 365 of these little rhyming thingies?
    Mama looked good with her baby in her arms, daddy was sitting there too.  I thought that was nice.  I also thought  good man, when he got up at 6:30pm to go take a nap, since he was headed to work, working nightshift, somewhere.  Our friend, now Grandma was sitting there happy as can be, everybody loves a new baby.  This baby should be fine, new mama and her mama have always been very close, and I foresee them living together for the next few years, it is their other cousin I wonder about.  We'll see around April how that starts out.
    Wife had the baby in her arms and held him for about a half hour, very peacefully, while we got caught up with this and that.  She enjoyed the baby doing little farts all wrapped up in his blanket, she could feel the putt putt putt on her arm.  As a dude who does not want any more kids, nothing made me happier than the baby all of a sudden start crying and Wife saying "it's your turn mama, here you go."

No comments:

Post a Comment