Thursday, December 24, 2015

12/24/15 Relaxing Like A Night Shifter?

    I finally am letting go of the stress I usually carry day to day.  We are done with the shopping and today (12/23) we went and got plenty of food for the next few days.  We ended up going to Kyle for our shopping needs due to Austin's retarded stance on the plastic bag.  Boy was having his own little "party" with his friends overnight and so he actually joined us to go shopping for groceries, so he could get what he needed.
    We walked out with two carts after the cashier went through everything , and in the back of the truck it all went.  I was worried stuff would fly out, but we closed most of the bags with a knot and the real light stuff I just told Chubs to put in the backseat with him.  When we got home, Wife actually told me to take a nap, I did, and it was a wonderful idea.  We then left for a last minute gift idea, and actually stopped at Goodwill, as we keep getting told it is not that bad.  I just can't rummage through somebody else's old clothes, it feels dirty to me.  We then went to JCPenney, found Chubs a great parka jacket for those few cold days we'll have, and then we finally went to Wal-Mart, mostly because I told Wife I am going to get through the shopping season and not make it into a Wal-Mart this year.  I see the spoofs on TV and youtube about people not dressing up to go to Wal-Mart, you think they are kidding, but grown ass women in pajamas does not seem appropriate, what do I know.
    We brought home our stuff, Chubs was up in his room, after pissing everybody off downstairs by being annoying.  He is very good at getting on his brother's last nerve.  Wife then decided she wanted to eat somewhere. so we invited Chubs, who said no.  We left aiming for IHOP, but at midnight, it was quite packed, so we thought about all the other places we thought might be open, and missed them all by just a little bit.  Even the Taco Cabanas that seem to be open 24/7 were closed where we checked.  We went up all the way to Parmer Lane and then back down on I-35.
    Eventually, we settled down and ate at Kerbey Lane Café, IHOP still had too many cars and people inside.  I remember the food being better at Kerbey Lane, I ordered Migas, eggs with corn tortillas made crispy on the skillet beforehand.  I never bit anything remotely crispy, it was more green chili sauce than eggs and migas, but then there was also black beans and rice.  Wife took the rice, she normally likes rice, I don't, it's a filler food.
    The ginger pancakes, on the other hand, were absolutely delicious, and so was the coffee for that matter.  I enjoyed two cups of coffee, we left around 2:20am, it was nice to just hang out with Wife and not have to hear the blatherings of my two knuckleheads for awhile.  Dr. Who adventures can get old after awhile, but since Chubs has been doing marathon sessions, it's the only thing in his brain right now.  We got home to the Boys still up and entertaining, actually Boy left to Wal-Mart because he needed something or other for one of his games.  It is nice to be off schedule, once in a while.  I slept like a champ until 12:30pm the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment