Sunday, December 20, 2015

12/20/15 Another Smorgasborg At Estancia Churrascaria?

    We had another feast yesterday night (Saturday) at our very favorite restaurant, Estancia Churrascaria.  We only end up going there about once a year because it is so expensive, but this time around it was my sister suggesting us eat there.  All I need is a little bit of a push, and I will agree to the experience, and it is an experience, not just a meal.
    Once we agreed, Boy thought it would be awesome to take his crew, of course it's awesome, specially if Daddy and Mama are paying.  I was hesitant at first, but got talked into it, as this would count as their christmas gift, a fancy feast for all.  Wife then got on their website and noticed that if we were a group of fifteen or more, then we all get a $25 gift card, and the host would get a $100 gift card.  Unfortunately, at that moment we were fourteen counting the babies and husband of my sister, and of course my folks and brother.
 I suggested taking Girlie, she is quick to say yes, as long as she is not working, and she too loves a fancy feast.  Wife seemed more concerned with getting the $100 gift card, she said invite her, that's fine.
    We left the house late it seemed at 7:20pm, for an 8:30pm reservation, but surprisingly, we got there in record time, by 8:05pm, from south Austin all the way to the Arboretum.  We then had nothing to do but wait, some of us went inside as it was mildly cool, others waited outside.  I loved the cool air, but noticed my throat start tightening up, so we headed inside after awhile.  It was certainly festive and crowded inside.  One large group showed up with like 7 32-inch TV's to give away.  Definitely a party night for some.
    We were sat by 8:45pm, and there was no waiter saying "begin", my dad and mom just headed to the salad bar, we followed.  By the time we went around the salad bar and sat back down, Boy and his friends were already enjoying bloody plates of delicious barnyard animals.  The lamb was especially good this time around, but the sirloin is still king of the meats.  I didn't bother with chicken legs or sausage although Boy managed to put one of each on my plate, I ate them just so they wouldn't be wasted.  Even the little biscuits were delicious.  I don't think I overate, even with a dessert after, I felt good.  Wife told me to take a nap beforehand, and it seemed to help, as I was able to drive before and after without feeling the sleepy effects of a stuffed belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment