Monday, December 14, 2015

12/14/15 Texas Land And Cattle Was Not Good?

    We have not been eating out as much as we used to.  Yet tonight (Saturday) felt like a night to celebrate.  Wife got back from her conference, we're pretty much yes on refinance in about a week, Boy is home for a month, and my brother stayed which means he didn't rush off and maybe he is getting comfortable with the idea of coming back to Austin.
    I asked boys what they felt like eating and Chubs quickly said he felt like a nice steak.  I thought good idea boy, and then Boy said that sounded good.  We've been going to Longhorn Steakhouse, since they closed the Outback we used to go to on Ben White and Lamar.  Wife suggested the drive to the outlet malls to eat at the Outback over there, but with the crowds of christmas shoppers, it just didn't sound appealing.  Wife and I discussed what other steak places we could go to and I remembered Texas Land and Cattle, which I used to think was almost too fancy for us.  I also remember it being pricier, but Wife pulled up the menu online and it seems like they reduced the prices.  Between that and remembering their nachos with sirloin meat, each individual nacho was loaded with cheese, beans, and meat that just melted in your mouth, we found our restaurant for the night.
     We got there and they sat us pretty quickly, getting the drinks almost took too long, I started drifting and eventually got on the phone looking at Pinterest before waiter brought out drinks and nachos.  These nachos had the meat cut into tiny squares, and just sitting on top like bacon bits.  To make it worse, there were bits of corn and other veggie things in there.  Plus anytime there are more chips than toppings, the nachos have already failed.
    We were not even done with the nachos and our salads showed up.  Again, no taste in the salad, lettuce was bland mostly white, the croutons were big and ready to cut my mouth up.  Again, we were still not done with the salad and the main dinner came in, come on, give us a few minutes to finish the salad, there was barely anything in the bowl, but still.
    On the main course, I absolutely never want my meat as they presented it.  It was cut so thin it seemed like slivers of bologna.  Plus each piece had a huge strip of fat, the length of the piece of meat.  I ate some of it, but by the third strip I was almost gagging from the amount of fat and I decided to cut it off.  I ordered with the meal a blue cheese twice baked potato, and it was gross.  I like blue cheese, there was something else in the potato.  When you finish your meat by telling yourself "two more bites big boy", it is not good meat.  I can honestly say even the bread which was very hot and fresh and with its little butter containers was just not good.  As we got up to leave, they brought Boy a fresh glass of iced tea, he was done, I had about half the glass, that tea was actually delicious.  The color was strong brown, it was not diluted by the ice and it was just the right amount of sweet.  Sorry, but everything else needs work.

No comments:

Post a Comment