Monday, December 21, 2015

12/22/15 Improvements To Be Made Post Haste Per My Superiors?

    You can get the feeling you're doing okay once you've been living alone with little to no adult supervision.  We must thank the holidays for the chance to all come under one roof and be reminded how wrong you are.  First and foremost, if I am going to be so bold as to own a home with five bedrooms, there had best be five beds for everyone's comfort.  Now I know that pull out sofas and such are close, but no cigar.  I should've tested them personally myself and if I wasn't comfortable, then how dare I a member of the family have to suffer.  I am the oldest and therefore I should forever more be the test dummy for my sibling's comfort, never mind no one tells me of problems beforehand, it is still my fault for not having questionaire set bedside to find out comfort levels of all.
    My Creators also like to take stabs at me on my gift giving etiquette.  It would be one thing for them to say "I would really like a _____".  Nah, too easy, It is better to shame me with "I would like ___, oh never mind, you don't spend that kind of money on your Creator."  Even Wife stays out of it, the one person who I try to please year in and year out is the one accusing me of being what cheap, poor, insubordinate, uncaring, I don't know because I keep getting blindsided.  I know enough to keep my hands up in a fight, look for the jab, careful with her uppercut.  I've mastered those, now it seems I might be getting a glass of lighter fluid on the backside followed by a match, then a 2x4 swinging at my head.  Don't forget the footwork fatboy, there's tacks on the floor and the lights are off.  Only way I get beat in an argument is when the rules can be changed ad hoc, so congratulations.
    I should just turn off all activities concerning where we live and act as if we are a Bed and Breakfast.  Even taking one extra guest to dinner with us turned into a tumultuous exercise I shan't soon be forgetting, as I was cruelly castigated and henceforth reformed with pious indignation. 
    All this is my fault of course, I chose to live three hours away.  My three siblings live within 50 yards of where they grew up, so of course they make me look like I ran away from home.  Weird thing is, my mom does and does for them, she never mentions them doing for her, what with all the "FREE" babysitting, dropping off/picking up the kids, watching the kids while they go fart around at stupid concerts and baseball games.  Meanwhile, I'm the jerk, even after all I've done.  I ask for nothing, I take nothing. 
    But in the end, I guess Aristotle said it best: "There is only one way to avoid criticism:Do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing."  So I guess bring it, I can take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment