Thursday, December 3, 2015

12/3/1 Boy Was Nice, Hmmm?

    I was at work last night around 8:30pm when I started getting texts from Boy.  At the start of the semester, I was checking on him regularly, but as he tends to be busy and short and rude, I give him his space.  But this time, it was him texting, so ok.  His first text said "I love you, you're the best gift the world could give me."  Huh?! was all I could think, before I could write something in response he said "I love you, sorry I'm ungrateful at times."  Something is wrong, my thinking was Boy must be drunk.  I asked him, are you drunk?  Then he said "daddy, I need a new mattress, plz."  At least he asked for something, this might be my son after all.  I responded back "we were trying to get you one but you were in a hurry to get away from us.  A couple more texts with my back hurts and plz, followed by "I'll cut the grass til I'm 50."  Right there, no, no, no.  Boy don't beg, first of all, he demands and expects stuff to just show up.  And I have never heard him offer his services for more than a day, much less til I age anything....
    I guessed "this your roommate, no way you beg for anything."  She sent an emoticon waving her hand.  Nice try, but from the start the conversation seemed weird.  Boy is whiny to Wife, I am always telling him how I weigh 350-400lbs and I get up every morning and don't complain, you with your 120lb skinny ass should bounce on your tippy toes.  I compare my working at his age on roofs during the summer while he gets to work in A/C theatres, you don't have it worse than me.  If I have to, I throw in the warehouse work I did after graduation.
    Maybe this is part of the reason he hadn't told us about all his joint pains over the last couple of months.  Oh well, he mentioned it now.  I will probably go get him a mattress today, run it to San Marcos tomorrow.  Hopefully, that will help him out.  He really does need to exercise though.  At his age, I biked, and played basketball, and lifted weights.  He has never really had an exercise he likes, just spends all his time on the computer.
    Are we supposed to take the initiative and set up our own exercise routines?  I miss my dude roommates who called me a pussy if I didn't want to go to the gym.  That was all the prompting I needed.  Knowing I'd be checking out some gals was nice too, my twenties seems so long ago.  I need something to motivate me, I don't know.  I guess I need to motivate Chubs too, at least Boy is naturally skinny, Chubs is well Chubs and we are both just kind of rolling downhill right now...

2 comments:

  1. <3 here to push your son's best interest always ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Boy has it too good. Everybody exists to protect and love him it seems like. He shouldn't be such a little butt.

    ReplyDelete