Saturday, December 5, 2015

12/6/15 Suddenly, Too Many People?

    Saturday was so busy, even getting up early didn't give us enough time to do everything.  My brother was in town, and from the start they were joking about me needing to wake up early so we could go and do a couple things.  Wife asked their daughter what she wanted to do and the only thing she cared about was going to the mall.  I love the mall, so that was fine with us.  Wife thought it would be cool to show her Charming Charlie, a cute store focused on costume jewelry in all sorts of colors.  They'll have a table focused on pink, and everything will be pink on the table, from necklaces to bangles to sunglasses, and so forth.  The table next to it, might be doing same thing in black or gold.  She was ok with the store, but she did not get stuff, maybe the selection was too much for an 11 year old.
    While they looked there, Chubs and I walked out, and we found a good old fashioned music store, the kind that sells saxophones, flutes, drums, and supplies.  Saxophones started at $549.99, I was ready to walk out with one, then Wife came in and said "uhhh, no."  I need some flexible cash to buy stuff like this.  My niece bought some stuff, a Christmas ornament in the shape of a flute, and another something.
    We walked to a couple more stores out there, including a pet store, before heading to the mall.  At the mall, we only went to a couple stores the niece was interested in.  Before long, her appetite was satiated and she was ready to head home.  We were going to go to dinner, but we had told our friends that we would stop by to their baby shower for awhile. 
    We headed to the baby shower at 6:05pm, I was hoping to last maybe an hour, but it took us two hours to get back home.  We saw all their whole family, including my male neighbor who suggested we should get together, maybe go to dinner sometime.  I am always open to ideas, we'll see if he carries through.  Girlie was there, with her boyfriend, but she was looking a little hungover and spacey, not a good look for a young pretty girl.  Even her cousin, our summer maid was there, she's got her own belly going, and due sometime in April.
    We hurried back home because my brother was there, and there was a car in our driveway.  It was yet another old friend of Boy who had not visited in quite a while.  We caught up with him, by now my brother had bought pizzas and pepperoni rolls, so I ate a couple.  After talking with him in the kitchen for awhile, I felt like I had been ignoring my brother so I went and sat with him in the living room and asked if they wanted to go anywhere else, it was right before 9:00pm.  My quickest and easiest thought was the bookstore, and niece got excited.  Luckily, it was open until 10:00pm.  Niece got a couple books and my brother did as well.  We were home right at 10:00pm, I went upstairs, laid down, fell asleep hard and woke up at 11:15pm wondering where or when it was.  It was still Saturday night, but Wife was still not around.  I came down to see her and Chubs busily working on a new Legos set, this one a Dr. Who set.  I figured this was a perfect time to be in the room with them and write this blog.  It is now 12:13am, Saturday was a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment