Saturday, December 5, 2015

12/5/15 Busy Friday, Waiting?

    Friday was busy busy.  I got up and ran to Sam's before anything happened.  Once Wife gets here, she tends to slow me down to her pace, and then it feels like forever to get anything done.  Sam's is the easiest place for me to run in and buy a mattress for Boy which has been on the top of my to do list ever since he opened his mouth about all the aches and pains he has been feeling the last couple of months.  I had to argue with the cashier for awhile because the rack had a price tag of $99.99 but the mattress she rang was $213.  I had to run back to double check, make sure I wasn't being tricked.......
    After verifying the price, the $99.99 was for a cheaper "hawthorne" mattress, I went ahead and purchased it.  I only hope the mattress solves some of Boy's aches and pains.  I paid for mattresss, threw it in back of my truck and went home.  At this point, I figured might as well keep moving.  I then went to Pan dulceria place, I love me some mexican sweet bread.  There is a very good store at William Cannon and I-35, where the Academy is.  I then rushed to pick up Boy, drop off Pan Dulce, wait for Wife and then head to Home Depot.  The Dr. Who door is almost finished, we have to paint sign on top and install a small light that goes on very top.
    At this point, it was almost 6:00pm and my brother and his family were on their way for a weekend visit, meanwhile my boys were both hungry.  My brother said they would eat on the road, so Boy met us at Whataburger and we ate a simple burger meal.  After the meal, Boy took off, he noticed a light was out in his Jeep, so they headed to Advanced Auto Parts to try and fix it, they did, and we went to Target.
    Our friend's daughter still has not had her first kid, but the baby shower was scheduled for tomorrow.  We couldn't decide on what to buy, so we went with an assortment of stuff, from some diapers, to little hats, to bottles with replaceable liners, and a little tub for bathing the baby.
    At this point, my brother texted, we were paying, so we promptly headed home.  This is where I love living so close to the shopping, we were home in five minutes after he texted.  But now Boy has his mattress, we have some sweet bread for coffee in the morning, a gift for the baby shower, and there is no rush for rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment