Friday, February 27, 2015

2/28/15 Two Months In 2015?

    We are two months into the new year.  I didn't make New Year's Resolutions but I did say I wanted to add some changes to my life.  So far, I have read two books which I have done blogs about.  I m reading a third one but it is Hemingway's collection and appears to have all his works.  It might take awhile to get through.  I'm 30-40 pages in, first story was interesting, see how other stories continue.
    I had mentioned increasing my walking again and I had.  I was back up to 4 miles a night and even got the treadmill up to our bedroom, plan being I wake up and get another mile or two before I start my day.  I have not had a chance to do this, easy to think of, harder to do.  I also twisted my left ankle somehow, and this week passed without me doing anything qualifying as exercise.  Add to the ankle, my right knee, left forearm, left shoulder, neck and it's a wonder I get out of bed at all.  I want to do more and I figure I will, but I guess age is catching up on me.
    Work is also forcing me to stay home, usually we get busy in waves and it had started in January, but February came and went and I don't believe I got any OT all month.  On the one hand, I love the extra money, on the other, I do enjoy not always being at work, so for now, I'll say it's been nice to relax.
    Wife keeps getting her hopes up, she is constantly applying for new jobs and we keep hoping someone steals her to a higher paying job.  Bastrop has been great, but without an opportunity to go up or see a promotion, my opinion is "time to go".  Reading some of her letters of recommendation from the last job she applied for, even I am impressed with the woman who cooks our meals.  This little lady sounds downright amazing on paper, why isn't somebody paying her a million dollars already?
    Boy as I mentioned earlier has kinda moved out.  He broke his computer monitor tripping over himself running out the door as he saw freedom last week.  Of course it's "daddy, buy me a new monitor".  What am I gonna do, say no?  I also bought him a new printer, since he won't have ours at his disposal, and I don't like him begging or needing others to be in a friendly mood, although I am sure his roommates don't mind, they all love each other, right now.  I worry because I have roommates I stopped talking to, after we stopped living together, ehh, the ride was fun while it lasted.
    With Boy out of the house, and me not working like before, and my brother having moved out a few months ago, suddenly, this house feels way too big.  We keep discussing possibility of selling, market is hot and we could make a pretty penny.  A coworker sold his house same day he put it on market and for their asking price.  I don't want to make a decision I'll regret and Chubs is already crying he doesn't want to move, but it is something that might happen, maybe even by the summer.  Boy says if we do, to get something with some acreage.  I would love that, but land here is expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment