Friday, February 20, 2015

2/20/15 Playtime?

    I do not remember being a loud kid growing up.  Chubs has his cousins here and they have been yelling nonstop since yesterday.  It is not the kind of yelling that needs to be gotten after.  They are just playing at a fevered pitch, everything is dramatic and at a life or death moment.  I can't get mad because usually he doesn't have kids to play with, so when he does, it is somewhat unique.
    He had even more cousins here last night, my wife's brother has four kids and they were here last night.  That is a loud atmosphere.  They all grab nerf guns and run up and down the stairs "shooting" each other, with or without nerf darts.  I was sitting on laptop as my wife was trying to carry on a conversation with her mom and repeatedly she'd turn and say "right babe?"  so I would corroborate her story, and every time I'm like I can't hear anything but EEEEEEHHHHH!!!!  kids screaming.
    Growing up, I had my brother and if we were going to play in a crowd, it was outside, there was no running in the house with a gang.  We could scream and carry on, but we were gonna be out in the yard.  We played tag, football, baseball, attempt to fly kites, frisbees... for a couple summers we played this very dangerous game we called war.  My parents had changed the roof on the house and whoever did it, did not pick all the pieces up.  We would take sheets of old shingles and make triangle  frisbees about 2-3 inches in size.  The weight and size was just right to fling at each other.  We have an old storage building behind my mom's house with a flat roof part for a carport.  We would stand up there and taunt neighbor kids then we'd spend hours throwing pieces of shingles at each other.  They would leave an awful welt if one actually hit you.  Usually, it was just a fwit fwit fwit sound as it passed too close for comfort.
    Youth passes too fast, I wish the kids did have a three day weekend every other weekend as this one is.  It is nice, almost gives us a chance to take a deep breath.  We always seem to be in a rush, I was upset a couple days ago at being sent home early, but this weekend has been very nice and laid back.  I slept almost normally Thursday night, got up relaxed and rested Friday and have been having a very clear mind to do some writing and relaxation.  I am laying in bed right now at 5:43pm on a Sunday afternoon.  I never get a chance to do this, thanks to my inlaws who are entertaining Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment